Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Board Mojo for my DS!

My DS got into a really fantastic internship. He’s been on a school trip the last few days with no phone service. He just got service again and got an email that he missed an initial on a form, and is no longer in the internship! We are going to follow up. It looks like an auto-email and we’re hoping a real person will be more understanding. Mojo appreciated! DS is devastated, and frankly so are DH and I. It was an intensive application process and DS had to make it through several rounds to get here. To be put through all that stress, and then get kicked out over an initial on the middle of a form...which he properly signed... Please send mojo that they see reason!!
    Last edited by California; 06-16-2019 at 09:45 PM.

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh my gosh! I’m stressed for you all. How obnoxious! Sending mojo!

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh, no! Mojo that common sense will prevail!
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Not a happy update for DS. He is crushed. He has lost his guaranteed spot, and won’t be able to start in August. And it truly is over one single missing initial! They sent the form Monday, he submitted it Tuesday, they found the mistake Wednesday. They gave him 24 hours to fix it- but he was without cell service and got the message too late. He has to have a background check done and it’s a hard deadline.

On the positive side, when I explained about the school trip/no access to phone service, the director was very happy that I’d called. She can’t guarantee he’ll be accepted again but she wants him to call her directly so she can coach him through their next interview cycle. She said they all were very impressed by him throughout the application process, and that he did better than their older candidates. I don’t know what his chances are on the next round, but am hoping she can help!

DH and I backed off on this process and I really wish we hadn’t been so hands-off. On the one hand, the director said the fact that DS did all of the applicantation steps on his own was part of what impressed them. But on the other, if I’d been more involved I would have caught the email asking him to correct the mistake! We’ll figure out a better way to keep tabs next round. All mojo is appreciated that’s DS not give up and stays strong!

Oh no! I'm heartbroken for him. I really hope it works out for him next year!

SpecialP, thank you- he fortunately doesn’t have to wait a year to apply again. He will go through the two month application process again, and if he gets in, do the training over the holiday season.

Summer would have been so much better timing-wise. He’s not taking any summer classes, we planned our vacation to fit between training days... sigh! Really hoping this works out in the long run. He worked so hard only to get tripped up by one error! Got to say, though, he’s handling it by doing some intentional self-care- acknowledging that it hurts, baking (he loves to bake), talking it through with friends, and making plans to spend tomorrow volunteering and hanging out with more friends. Meanwhile, I’m here with my🍷.
    Last edited by California; 06-14-2019 at 11:23 PM.

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sending mojo to your son! I hope it works out for him!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Kindra178 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

BBB mojo coming your way!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    SpecialP, thank you- he fortunately doesn’t have to wait a year to apply again. He will go through the two month application process again, and if he gets in, do the training over the holiday season.

Summer would have been so much better timing-wise. He’s not taking any summer classes, we planned our vacation to fit between training days... sigh! Really hoping this works out in the long run. He worked so hard only to get tripped up by one error! Got to say, though, he’s handling it by doing some intentional self-care- acknowledging that it hurts, baking (he loves to bake), talking it through with friends, and making plans to spend tomorrow volunteering and hanging out with more friends. Meanwhile, I’m here with my��.
    That's good to see the next opportunity is close. That was amazing for him to handle the whole process himself. I really hope it works out for him!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast