jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default ISO Paris favorites

We’re just starting to plan a trip to Paris. Please share your favorites - hotels, VRBO, restaurants, attractions for kids (9 & 11), shopping, sights, etc. TIA

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We just went over April vaca. If I could I'd go back tomorrow - I feel like we hardly did anything even though we did so much!

Hotel: Regina Paris Louvre. Excellent location, corner of Louvre and Tuileries Gardens. Family connecting rooms, so had two rooms and two bathrooms. Breakfast buffet included each morning. Halfway through stay they brought a small fruit bowl. Twice daily cleaning. Also got a complimentary welcome cheese plate and glass of wine at bar. View of the Eiffel Tower!! I'm sure we paid a ridiculous amount for it but man it was nice. (We went thru a travel agent so only had the final cost with air, hotel, transfers, not individual prices.)

We couldn't get into our room when we arrived, so we killed time by walking thru Tuileries gardens, seeing some of Paris marathon, boat cruise of Seine (I may have dozed off lol), lunch and spectacular hot chocolate at Angelina's.

Check out Paris Muse tours (recommended here). We did the teen Louvre Quest, which my teens were afraid would be too babyish but it was right on target and they really liked it. We all learned from it! Having someone who knew how to get around the Louvre was worth every penny. They also have a Louvre tour for younger kids, and lots of other topics. We also did a French Revolution walking tour with them too which was great. https://parismuse.com

Paris charms and secrets electric bike tour. Recommended by a friend. It was awesome, such a great way to see the city and lesser known historical sites. Electric bike was key! This tour company has all 5 star reviews on trip advisor (which seems ridiculous) and I see why - our guide was great - personable, knowledgable and knew all of our names after first introduction! And there are bikes everywhere in Paris - and the only people wearing helmets were 5 Americans on this tour lol. There were people of all ages in our group. https://www.parischarmssecrets.com

We did Disney Paris - my kids insisted. It was fun, and super easy to get to, the train goes right there, it's the last stop on the line.

Versailles. Crazy inside, wall to wall but the gardens are amazing. We did not spend nearly enough time there but glad we went. The tix were confusing - I bought untimed tix in advance which turns out doesn't mean come by whenever you want, but come by and wait in probably a 4 hr line. Timed tix get you right in 30min before/after your time. So we ended up buying a second set of tix (it was worth it - only for me and Dh as DDs were free).

We had planned to do Notre Dame and Sainte Chapelle late in the week. �� So we did Picasso museum then Sainte Chapelle. I have been to Paris 3 times now and I have never been to Musee D'Orsey - it's killing me.

Definitely check which museums offer free entry for kids.

I'll be back with more. I will try to find where we ate - one steak restaurant that is only salad/bread/steak/secret sauce/dessert. That's it. Opens at 7, arrive by 6:30 to get in line. There is also a VRBO I was obsessed with, it looked amazing but only had a handful of reviews so we didn't go for it.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Mermanaid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Following this closely. Contemplating a trip over spring break next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jenn

My loves:
    DD 11/2004
    DS 6/2007