Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ideally 8 hours would be just right for me. I'm a night owl and really need alone time each night. Now that my kids are getting older and their activities end later, I go to bed later. I aim to be in bed by 1am and am up around 6:30/7am. I'm not a happy camper in the morning, but slowly come around. It's always a battle of sleep vs alone time and alone time typically wins.
    Mama to 5 wild ones

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I need 8. I typically get about 5. I'm SO tired.

for Sandy Hook

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I really need 8 or at least 7. This week I've been getting 6.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

7-7.5, and that is how much I usually get, from 10pm to 5-5:30am. I am awful with less. I work part time though, so not everything needs to get done in the evenings, so the focus is usually dinner and getting the kids to bed. Then DH and I chill for about an hour.
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

LBW is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I am in bed for 8-9 hours at night but probably only get 4-5 hours of sleep. It takes me a long time to fall asleep, and then I wake up frequently. It's awful and I'm always tired. I'm so jealous of all of you who get hours of solid sleep!
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

7 hours, although probably less as it takes me time to fall asleep. DH falls asleep immediately and need less, closer to 6.

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post

I dont know how everyone else gets stuff done so fast. I started dinner around 5pm today. Shake and bake type coating on pork chops with roasted cauliflower, sweet potatoes and veggies. Dinner wasnt ready till 7:30. That is pretty early for us. but I'm still not clear how it all takes so long when everyone else can apparently make dinner in 30min.
    I rarely use the oven on nights I need a 30 minute meal unless it is fish or a tender vegetable. 30 min meal nights are generally stove top + steamed vegetables and me in the kitchen the whole time. Roast meals take a lot longer, but I do not have to babysit them and can work or help with homework which is why I call them "homework" meals and "quick babysit" meals, which DH finds amusing.

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

According to my Fitbit, I get 4.5-5.5 hours of sleep a night with the occasional 6.5 thrown in. I definitely could use more and I go to bed early enough to get more but I’m a horrible sleeper. To make things worse, I can’t seem to sleep in on the mornings I don’t need to get up either. So my late afternoons are shot and I tend to take naps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I figured out many years ago that I need 9 hours. I feel great when I get it, not tired, don’t take naps and sleep well. Exercise and diet is also a part of sleeping well for me. During the school year I go to bed around 9:00 and I am asleep by 10:00. I set my alarm for 7:00 (kids schools start late) but I often wake up before then. That routine is great for me but it doesn’t always happen. Weekends I am up later and usually sleep a little later. I try not to nap because it really interferes with my ability to fall asleep at night.

I will be going back to work soon and hoping to work out early morning before work so that is really going to change things.

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default How much sleep do you get?

During work week 6-7 hours, I’m better with 7-8 but it’s usually closer to 6 hours. I’m fried by end of the week, and go to bed early Friday night. DH gets home later, between 7-9 and DS goes to bed 10-10:30. I do need to get a better night routine for me. I’m getting 8 hours now I’m on summer vacation and sometimes an afternoon nap. I’m getting up when DH gets ready for work as other wise I’ll sleep in too long and mess up my day.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 06-19-2019 at 12:48 PM.

I get anywhere between 6.5 and 7. I guess I should get more, but I'm definitely a night owl. My first job out of college was as a copy editor at our daily paper. I was there seven years and worked from 5 to around midnight or 1 a.m. I usually didn't go to bed until around 3 a.m. It's been 15 years since I worked those hours, but I still go to bed late on most weekends -anywhere between 1 and 3 a.m. For me to be out the house before 11 a.m. on the weekends usually requires an alarm clock. lol
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast