Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Splurge on Airpods or something else?

Anyone have a preference/ experience with Airpods vs ??

Amazon has so many wireless pod like things for so much less. Are the Airpods better or am I just paying for branding?

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Anyone have a preference/ experience with Airpods vs ??

Amazon has so many wireless pod like things for so much less. Are the Airpods better or am I just paying for branding?
    People who have them loooooove them. I don't think the cheapy ones can compare. They seem be seamlessly easy to use vs. anything else.

That said, they are pricey and apparently not long lasting, so while I keep thinking they'd be a good gift for my oldest, I never find myself pulling the trigger..... She listens to headphones all the time, so I'm sure she'd get even less lifespan out of them!

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...y-life/585439/

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just splurged on airpods and I absolutely love them. I kept looking for something cheaper, but couldn’t find anything I liked as well.

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I too couldn't pay that price. I bought a $50 pair off of amazon - which worked very well, until my son cracked one. I did buy the warranty through amazon (like $3) , but ended up contacting the seller directly since it was probably within the first month or two. Honestly - my son uses them CONSTANTLY hours a day. i think they only need charging every few days.

The seller was great, not only did they send out a new pair immediately upon me sending an emaiil and photo - once i got the new ones they sent an email to keep the old ones. They still worked, but the casing was cracked... nothing a little crazy glue didn't fix.

They have been going strong since christmas and used constantly. It was a no-name brand, i honestly went by the one that had the best reviews on amazon.

SO - he still wants airpods, and says he's still saving up for them, but i'm just still worried as soon as he does that - one will get lost. Too much $ for me. Plus - i honestly like the black color better of the no-name brand.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey0709 View Post
    I too couldn't pay that price. I bought a $50 pair off of amazon - which worked very well, until my son cracked one. I did buy the warranty through amazon (like $3) , but ended up contacting the seller directly since it was probably within the first month or two. Honestly - my son uses them CONSTANTLY hours a day. i think they only need charging every few days.

The seller was great, not only did they send out a new pair immediately upon me sending an emaiil and photo - once i got the new ones they sent an email to keep the old ones. They still worked, but the casing was cracked... nothing a little crazy glue didn't fix.

They have been going strong since christmas and used constantly. It was a no-name brand, i honestly went by the one that had the best reviews on amazon.

SO - he still wants airpods, and says he's still saving up for them, but i'm just still worried as soon as he does that - one will get lost. Too much $ for me. Plus - i honestly like the black color better of the no-name brand.
    Can you send me a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's Buzzfeed's take (I don't have any of these, or even AirPods, so I can't vouch for them).

https://www.buzzfeed.com/reviews/bes...eless-earbuds/
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I just got the TaoTronics ones recommended by Wirecutter. They were actually a lightening deal a couple days ago so around $35. I have not used them yet other than to try them on and I do like the fit. I have the wired Apple earbuds that came with my XR phone and they hurt my ears after about 5 minutes. From what Google told me the AirPods are the same size so I didn’t even try. DH got me the Bose wireless earbuds for Christmas which I need to return or sell. They also don’t fit even with the smallest size adapter and if you use them for watching movies the sound does not sync correctly. Will report back on the TaoTronics. Fit for my small ears and sweat proof are what I was looking for.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm obsessed. I use them daily. They work really well for calls. The $20-$40 ones I got from Amazon were fine for music while running but tenable for calls. They also never worked for any reasonable length of time. I probably had two pairs that broke within a couple of months.

I commute on a train and it's amazing to not deal with wires. I'm more likely to listen to interesting podcasts and music while exercising and commuting. Makes me much happier.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think AirPods are well-worth the splurge. I use them almost daily - at work or at home doing chores. It makes it so much more pleasant. I don’t like having anything over my ears or dangling. had a plantronics set earlier for running but it died within a year or so.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    I just got the TaoTronics ones recommended by Wirecutter. They were actually a lightening deal a couple days ago so around $35. I have not used them yet other than to try them on and I do like the fit. I have the wired Apple earbuds that came with my XR phone and they hurt my ears after about 5 minutes. From what Google told me the AirPods are the same size so I didn’t even try. DH got me the Bose wireless earbuds for Christmas which I need to return or sell. They also don’t fit even with the smallest size adapter and if you use them for watching movies the sound does not sync correctly. Will report back on the TaoTronics. Fit for my small ears and sweat proof are what I was looking for.
    Surprised you didn’t like your Bose. I have the Bose Soundsport and I love them. I have tiny ears and can’t do apple earbuds of any kind and the Bose fit well and stay in for running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast