Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I love the AirPods, and listen to them all day every day.

DH and DD both have AirPods and use them every day. DH takes work calls on his. Both love them, though DH would love to have the newer ones.
    DD 6/06
    DS 4/09
    DS 5/12

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I may not know what I'm talking about.....
    My sister gave me a pair of Enacfire wireless earbuds for Christmas. They work great for sound quality when listening to music or audio books and have great range. I could listen to something playing on my phone in the kitchen all over my house -- upstairs, downstairs, bedrooms.... But, I wanted something I could use while exercising. And, I have a hard time keeping track of things and am constantly worried about losing one of them or the charging case.

A local running store was having a sale on Aftershokz Trackair open air wireless bone conduction headphones..... I LOVE THESE. The fit comfortable over my ear. I can still hear everything going on around me and can hear what ever I am listening too -- which is great when I go running and want to hear cars or talk to my daughter. I use earplugs (that came with the earphones) when I want to block surrounding noise. I have worn them when receiving phone calls and it worked fine... although I don't know what to do to make a call and would just use my phone instead of head set if I wanted to use the phone anyway. This cost even more than $50.... but you might get a sale and i like it so much more.

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

AirPods are definitely worth the money. That said, something else may be too, I only have AirPods for daily use so no experience with anything comparable.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Thank you for the replies!! I'm still on the fence but leaning Airpods. Thanks!!

My teen is quite picky about his sound tech and he has this set of Jlabs earbuds and loves them. He often chooses them over his $$$ Sony noise cancelling high quality over-ear headphones. He likes them so much that we bought a pair for my younger teen daughter.

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Sign...32287582&psc=1

There's an upgraded version coming out this month https://www.jlabaudio.com/collection...SABEgK_B_D_BwE

I'm sure airpods have some functional integration that is more seamless than non apple branded stuff but I could never bring myself to wear them. For one, Apple earbud design in general is EXCRUCIATINGLY painful in my ears so I can't imagine paying north of $150 for something painful. Also, this is super silly but now that the gross image is seared into my brain I can't un-see it and it would bug me every time. (FWIW I also hated this movie so that may be part of my visceral reaction here).

https://i.imgflip.com/2ayr0k.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2