trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default What is your gym routine?

I have been taking classes at the gym, but in the fall DS is starting preschool, so I won't be able to go to my preferred classes. I am thinking about just going to the gym area while DD has swim team practice instead. But I have no idea what to do. Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I use my Nike training for a variety of workouts like HIIT, weights, and just general workouts (full body, specific body parts...). I usually do 30-45 minutes of cardio plus a 20 minute weight workout. Or I do 45 minutes of just weights or a HIIT workout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I use my Nike training for a variety of workouts like HIIT, weights, and just general workouts (full body, specific body parts...). I usually do 30-45 minutes of cardio plus a 20 minute weight workout. Or I do 45 minutes of just weights or a HIIT workout.

Do you use free weights or the weight machines?

DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Quote Originally Posted by trcy View Post
    Do you use free weights or the weight machines?

Free weights. I got started on weights by taking the classes Body Pump and Group Power and those use free weights. You can find some of those videos on YouTube, which I’ve done a lot too (my new gym doesn’t offer those classes). I find machines confusing. getting them set up for your height and needs every time is a time suck unless you do it often and can whip through that part. I like to pick up weights and just do my thing.
    I’ll post later a really simple full body free weight workout I’ve been doing when I really want something simple and effective.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Free weights. I got started on weights by taking the classes Body Pump and Group Power and those use free weights. You can find some of those videos on YouTube, which I’ve done a lot too (my new gym doesn’t offer those classes). I find machines confusing. getting them set up for your height and needs every time is a time suck unless you do it often and can whip through that part. I like to pick up weights and just do my thing.
    I’ll post later a really simple full body free weight workout I’ve been doing when I really want something simple and effective.

Awesome, thanks!

DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Found this on Pinterest:

https://www.womenfitnessmag.com/musc...ults-you-want/

Scroll all the way down to the section with the green and white striped chart for the full body workout. Like I said, it looks so easy but it's really effective!

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I do fitness blender YouTube workouts. I do them at home, but people do them at the gym.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Some cardio machines seem to me to be an extra good workout in a shorter amount of time. I do spin classes regularly and some free weights during the week. However, I have to say, this one machine KILLS me.

https://lifefitness.com/facility/pro...ermill-climber

I find this machine to be a very hard workout, and I am dying not very long into it. I won't embarrass myself by saying how many minutes it takes for me to feel like I am dying when using this machine.

So if your gym has this, I say give it a try!
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I usually do strength circuit training classes or work out on my own with free weights now that I know appropriate form. I agree with a pp that I find free weights easier than adjusting machines. I've found that a lot of the machines are more suited for a much taller person or a man with broader shoulders.

I also second the Fitness Blender workouts.