Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    diamond is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Washer dryer deals? and best place to buy?

We need to buy a new washer-dryer set (electric). Our space is such that a top loader will not work as there is shelving and the clearance is only about 50", and most top loaders with door open are around 56-60". So front loaders are the way to go. I think we will try to go with LG not the top of the line but good model..I am leaning towards the costco ones due to sales on them now..some contenders are--

https://www.costco.com/LG-WiFi-Enabl...100476249.html

is the pedestal set helpful? It costs 350$ extra. I am for sure not going with pedestal washer...I think the more fancy the more chance of breaking down, simple but good is fine with me..

https://www.costco.com/LG-4.5CuFt-Fr...100430236.html

https://www.costco.com/Maytag-Front-...100477106.html
    https://www.costco.com/Maytag-Front-...100477144.html

not sure of maytag brand? any thoughts?

from best buy--

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-4-5-...?skuId=6181272

the best buy washers say that the fill hoses and drain hoses are not included..if yes then where will we have to buy them? and how will we know what to buy, its so confusing?

azzeps is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We just got a new washer dryer set from Home Depot a couple months ago. We went with LG because I read the reviews on wirecutter.com and that's what they recommended. Of course, we couldn't get anything delivered right away, so if you need it right away, you have to be flexible with what you want. We opted to wait and use the laundromat for a few weeks. We had ours installed by Home Depot. I think they included the extra parts with the installation. Best Buy, if I recall, we would have had to buy them, and they show you which ones you need when you are checking out. I think we also went with Home Depot because they gave us a better delivery date. Beware that it may say one thing on the website when you make the purchase, but when they call you to make arrangements, you might not get that day. We didn't, anyway. I can't remember the reason they gave us. I'm not sure on the Costco pricing, because I need to renew my membership to see pricing! Home Depot ended up being the best deal for us. Might be different for you if you can pick up your units and install them yourself. I'm not sure! Good luck with your decision!
    DD - 3/2008
    DS - 7/2011

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I am not sure of Costco pricing either, but I will say our local appliance store had the best prices by far when we bought our Electrolux set. We skipped the pedestal, never regretted it.
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Once I decide on a model then I google the model number to find the best deal. But beware sometimes places have exclusives so you may pick a model that is only available from one store. Usually there is only a slight difference from another model. As far as what accessories you need... often it will tell you when you go through the purchase process. I also just online chat to ask and they will give you the part numbers.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Costco pricing is very fair but they tend to package it up with add-ons that you may not need (e.g. pedestals). We didn't want all the "extras". We have found local appliance shops to be good bets - they usually have a nice handle on which models are more reliable (fewer customer complaints) and will often price match. That's how we've bought all of our W/D sets (well, we've only had 2 sets that we have bought in our lifetimes so far), both from the same long-running local shop, good experiences.

Our very talented appliance repair guy says to buy the most basic model you can (less to break, easier to repair when they do break). His opinion is also to either get a traditional top loader with agitator (think Speed Queen design, lots of options from different manufacturers out there) or a traditional front loader. He says DO NOT buy anything other than these!

This last round we ended up with the Wirecutter recommended LG washer/dryer and have been happy so far.

eta: I personally don't like pedestals. Without the pedestals, the tops of your washer/dryer are at the perfect height to use as a "counter" for folding.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 06-22-2019 at 11:06 AM.

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post

eta: I personally don't like pedestals. Without the pedestals, the tops of your washer/dryer are at the perfect height to use as a "counter" for folding.
    I agree with this. We bought an inexpensive Ikea table top and put rubber feet on it, and it is the perfect size for a folding table in top of our w/d. I think it was this one:

https://m2.ikea.com/us/en/p/linnmon-...hite-20251139/
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

diamond is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thank you all for your replies, so this is the picture of our laundry room. The washer hookup is on the left and electric dryer on the right...We went looking at actual machines and measuring for hours today at Sears etc and based on that we dont have enough clearance for a top loader which is my preference due to the low shelving..and no pedestals either as the clerance will be too tight, amost impossible in some cases...so options are IMG_20190621_144519.jpg

1) front load washer and dryer

2) get top load washer and stick it in place of dryer to have more clearance and cross the wires at the back....Do you guys think its a viable solution? and safe to cross the wires at the back?

we dont want to remove/break shelving now.

I have the LG front loader and have been very happy with it. I have an old Maytag dryer that hasn’t died, so I didn’t buy the matching dryer. I would go with the Costco set without the pedestals.

Mommy_Mea can you post a picture please of your setup. Need to make some changes in my laundry area ASAP.

Thanks
    Colleen

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy_Mea View Post
    I agree with this. We bought an inexpensive Ikea table top and put rubber feet on it, and it is the perfect size for a folding table in top of our w/d. I think it was this one:

https://m2.ikea.com/us/en/p/linnmon-...hite-20251139/
    Can you explain what rubber feet you put on the tabletop? I want to put something on our machines

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast