Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Did you happen to buy the tickets with a credit card that offers trip insurance? Like the Chase Reserve?

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks for the continued replies; somehow I missed seeing them until now and I really appreciate every one of them.

We will see dd's ped. on Friday and talk more with her. We have not actually seen her, but have seen other peds, as she has been out during the times we needed to get in, and have only e-mailed her. Dd and I do not want to go ahead with surgery yet. I do think it is likely gall bladder issues, but anxiety and stress have been huge, and we have not tried the dietary changes. I will encourage her to use mindfulness, and she has training in this due to the anxiety; we are also familiar with both Calm and Headspace apps

If anyone has suggestions for gall-bladder friendly vegetarian proteins , please post or pm me!

She is keeping a food diary, but one thing that already has us stumped is figuring out what the time lag would be between an offending food and pain. For example, we know that cereal and almond milk breakfast does not bother her, but she then ate lettuce and beans for lunch (a change from what she would usually eat which would be a cheese or peanut butter sandwich as we are trying the lowfat thing), she then had an apple around 4pm. Around 5pm she developed the pain; so I don't know if that is from the apple or the lunch, as when she has had her severe episodes the pain did not increase for several hours after. I do know the 2 times of severe pain were from greasy restaurant food.

As far as the trip, good point frugalmom that the credit card may offer trip insurance. I used Chase Sapphire Preferred for the flights, so I will check that...but we really do not want to cancel.

Thanks again!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I will pm you
    K

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3