Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Hayden Valley from 5 pm -7 pm is a must do!!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Also be sure to play the license plate game in Yellowstone-people drive from every where to get there!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default NYC and Yellowstone/Tetons trip help

I would plan on at least 6 hours for your drive to SLC from Grand Tetons especially if you are going to be there before late August (that is when school starts and there is way less traffic). There is only one lane each way to SLC from Grand Tetons and it is at most 2 lanes each way and only in certain spots iirc. There aren’t many food stops or bathroom stops between Jackson and Kemmerer. There is a Wal Mart and some fast food places just east of the Wyoming/Utah border in Evanston, which is about 90 minutes to SLC iirc.

We are actually driving to my in-laws (near Pinedale, WY, which is about 90 minutes south of the entrance to Grand Tetons tomorrow) from SLC. Please feel free to PM me and I can answer any questions you may have about your drive. I can’t help with any other part of your itinerary as we have only done day trips to Tetons and Yellowstone and this year will most likely only have time for a day trip to Jackson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 06-30-2019 at 02:39 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

If you go to West Yellowstone or the Tetons via Driggs/Victor--e.g. up I-15, it is an interstate highway between SLC-Idaho Falls. (So 4 hours) Then you have 2 lane roads but they are fairly fast. I always count on 6 hours from SLC to Jackson. If you go the I-15 route, there are plenty of places to stop. The back way through Pinedale and Evanston takes longer and isn't my favorite route from SLC.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default NYC and Yellowstone/Tetons trip help

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    If you go to West Yellowstone or the Tetons via Driggs/Victor--e.g. up I-15, it is an interstate highway between SLC-Idaho Falls. (So 4 hours) Then you have 2 lane roads but they are fairly fast. I always count on 6 hours from SLC to Jackson. If you go the I-15 route, there are plenty of places to stop. The back way through Pinedale and Evanston takes longer and isn't my favorite route from SLC.
    So nice there is another option for her because yes the route to Pinedale leaves a lot to be desired. My Ils go to Idaho Falls which they said is about 90 minutes to 2 hours iirc from Pinedale about once a month when they need to go to Sam’s Club.

ETA: we made it from Pinedale to Park City in 3 hours and a few minutes (we stopped in Diamondville for a bathroom break and then at Whole Foods in Park City to eat) on Friday afternoon and there was no traffic so yes I would definitely plan on 5 hours from Jackson if you decide to go that way, but yes it was still desolate and boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 07-08-2019 at 04:31 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3