Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ray7694 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think the issue is that the teeth aren’t coming down in the correct place. An expander wouldn’t help that. My dad had x rays to make sure the teeth were in the right place.

I know not a lot of kids need teeth pulled but some do. I had 2 pulled and have had no issues.

You could always wait and see.

megv is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

The congenital baby tooth complicates it long term. I have 2, as do 3 of my kids. The long term solution varies for each of us, but I’d be very hesitant to pull it. I’d get another opinion

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You need another opinion from an expert if you are worried about the extractions. No one on here can tell you this, not even me, and I actually have the degree. This takes knowing the exact specifics of your son’s case.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would get at least 2 more ortho opinions, preferably from folks who have been practicing more than 10-15 years.
    K

gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Each case is different. Two of my DSs had 12 year molars extracted, which allowed their wisdom teeth to move right into position when they came in. I was very relieved that they didn't need palate expanders, since a DN and DN had palate expanders and the finished result changed their whole appearance and facial structure. I think expanders are beneficial in a case by case situation.

Thank you all! As a quick update, we are meeting with the ortho again to discuss treatment. There is a second dr in the practice that he said could give us a second opinion as well. We have an appointment next week with a Damon ortho that I am hoping will help us make a decision. The Damon ortho is in the nearest big city (4 hours away) so definitely not convenient for treatment, but we are limited in our small city - only 3 orthos and we’ve seen two of them already. I will update again when we make a decision. I really appreciate all of the input!!
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2