So now my family is lobbying to go to Australia in 2020. We have 2 choices--either the last week of June/first week of July or over Christmas break. I can see pros and cons to both. On the one hand we do not do heat and humidity---we are desert folks who wilt easily in humidity :-) On the other hand, I don't know that we want to go when it is getting dark at 5:00 pm--but maybe it doesn't matter. We would have a little less than 2 weeks--more like 10 days--once you factor in all the flying time etc. We would fly from Salt Lake to LAX and then to Sydney???? I have to get a guidebook and start doing research.

But if you have been--what were some of the highlights or your trip? We are not really beach people--we do like to snorkel. We are interested in history and art and would enjoy getting to know more about aboriginal culture. We would be ok with being in one area for a week and then another area for the next week. We are fine with driving around but would rather avoid a different hotel every night type of trip.

Obviously, I am at the very, very beginning stages of trip planning. Just trying to figure out when to go and what general locations. TIA for any ideas.