Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Thank you so much for helping!! I wore my fitness leggings because that's what I already had. I bought a few cute wicking t-shirts from Costco of all places and bought an Adidas ball cap that actually fits my head on sale at Big 5. I felt comfortable and appropriate on my hikes and it made a difference! We hiked 4 of the 5 days on my latest vacation to the sierras.

I can see how a pair of dedicated hiking pants or shorts might be nice on some hikes. I missed my pockets but liked the ease and flexibility of my leggings. I somehow managed to get 5 mosquito bites through my leggings too!
    Sounds good! My workout leggings (capri- I’d be way too hot otherwise!) have pockets. I only just bought that style this year and love them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Just a warning that mosquitoes go right through tight clothes like they aren't there. Loose clothes if you don't want mosquito bites
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I didn't wear them specifically for hiking, but I love the Eddie Bauer Horizon Capris and The North Face Aphrodite 2.0 Capris recommended to me on this board. They are lightweight, dry quickly, repel moisture, etc. I wore them on my hot and humid Asia trip recently, and they worked great.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The last time I went hiking, I guess it was more of a trek - not many hills around these parts (drives me bonkers, actually) - but I wore drawstring cargo scrub pants, hiking boots, and layers.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2