Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Anyone been to Galaxys Edge? Tips?

Going later this week! I have no idea how crowded it’s going to be. Could be insane. Any tips?

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I went during the reservation period & I think things are a little different now. From what I understand, make reservations for the cantina as soon as you can. The waiting list gets very long! Have fun - it’s so amazing!

Thanks! I will look up how to do that!

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Bisous, how was it? I’ve heard the crowds aren’t too bad since most of the season pass holders are blocked out right now. We are thinking of going to Disney in the next week or two. We haven’t been in 5 years, but want to go before the boys get too old to enjoy it.

I thought it was really cool! The new land is bigger than I thought possible based on what I knew about the shape of Disneyland, lol. We love Star Wars and my boys had a great time. The lines WERE short. But I do think people are catching on to that. We went on July 3–a historically super busy week and it really wasn’t too bad!! The line for the new ride was long—70 minutes for us. And we never made it into the cantina! There was quite a line there. A lot of the Star Wars merchandise was quite expensive but it’s a super fan heaven. I didn’t try any of the food. Have fun and report on what you thought!!

We aren’t really into Star Wars, but I want to visit the rest of the park if the lines aren’t too bad. I’m sure my kids will want to walk through it, but I mainly want to ride the other rides in the park. lol. We just need to see if we can fit a visit in.

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    We aren’t really into Star Wars, but I want to visit the rest of the park if the lines aren’t too bad. I’m sure my kids will want to walk through it, but I mainly want to ride the other rides in the park. lol. We just need to see if we can fit a visit in.
    Try to squeeze it in while so many of the passes are blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenasparkl View Post
    Try to squeeze it in while so many of the passes are blocked.
    That is our hope. Do you know when they will “unblock” the passes?

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    That is our hope. Do you know when they will “unblock” the passes?
    Google “Disneyland annual pass blackouts”. The one you want to watch out for are the cheap passes. I haven’t looked this year but they usually open up in Mid-August. I’d try to go soon. I think people are catching onto it! End of June was a ghost town. By early July it was a little more crowded.

Thanks! The California ones are blocked out until Sept. The deluxe ones are blocked out until the first day of school in mid August. We need to sit down and figure out a day where we can go. I hate the expense of Disney, but my kids are 8 and 10, and haven’t been in 5 years, so we need to go back before they get too old. We used to get discount tickets through the school district, but they no longer offer that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast