Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It is soooooo expensive. I can totally see why you'd want to have ideal crowds! I will say that June was the least crowded I have seen Disneyland in years. I was frankly shocked. If it IS crowded (and only if it is crowded!) I am a fan of the Max Pass. If your kids like to ride big rides it is an additional $15 cost per person but I found I can get a lot more done at the parks if I buy a Max Pass. There is no need if it isn't crowded. The Max Pass can be purchased through the Disneyland App once you enter the park so you can check it out and figure out if its worth it. I'm going again later this month and if you still haven't gone I'll give you an update as to how crowded it is if that helps!

PZMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    It is soooooo expensive. I can totally see why you'd want to have ideal crowds! I will say that June was the least crowded I have seen Disneyland in years. I was frankly shocked. If it IS crowded (and only if it is crowded!) I am a fan of the Max Pass. If your kids like to ride big rides it is an additional $15 cost per person but I found I can get a lot more done at the parks if I buy a Max Pass. There is no need if it isn't crowded. The Max Pass can be purchased through the Disneyland App once you enter the park so you can check it out and figure out if its worth it. I'm going again later this month and if you still haven't gone I'll give you an update as to how crowded it is if that helps!
    Thanks! My kids aren’t big ride riders yet. I wish we could have gone in June. My DH just got his extra paycheck this month for one of his special credentials, so we have some extra money to do some fun stuff with which is why we are considering Disneyland. We did Lego land last year, so wanted to try something else this year.

Tenasparkl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

MaxPass makes the day so much easier! Instead of running around getting fast passes you just open the app when your fast pass window opens and choose the next ride you want. My kids weren’t big on rides until recently, but it has changed everything now that they want to get in as many rides as they can.

PZMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We ended up not going. We decided it just wasn’t worth the cost. Tickets alone would have been nearly $600. As a side note, my cousin was recently hired to work at Disneyland. He said he has never seen such small crowds as there have been this summer.

We went twice last week (I know—we’re brats!) and I will say it was more crowded than June and July! People are catching on. But still not terrible for a Saturday in August!!

I’m super curious about what’s driving the low numbers. I think people are honestly avoiding because of anticipated crowds—and the diehards (pass holders) are blacked out and waiting. It will be interested to see if the crowds surge in September! I guess that’s why I’m scheduled to go four more times in August!

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    We went twice last week (I know—we’re brats!) and I will say it was more crowded than June and July! People are catching on. But still not terrible for a Saturday in August!!

I’m super curious about what’s driving the low numbers. I think people are honestly avoiding because of anticipated crowds—and the diehards (pass holders) are blacked out and waiting. It will be interested to see if the crowds surge in September! I guess that’s why I’m scheduled to go four more times in August!
    It was in the news last week. https://people.com/travel/attendance...y-be-to-blame/

Quote Originally Posted by pakin View Post
    I read that article and agree that these are some good hypotheses. I guess I’m just wondering if there is one factor that’s driving it all. Did they finally raise the price high enough to keep people away? Will it get super crowded come August 20th (when deluxe passes get back in) or September (for so cal select pass holders)? Are people waiting for the new ride so it will be crowded in Jan? I feel like we’ll see as the year progresses!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2