I have maybe 5 or 10 pounds to go but I’m really happy that I’m down 20 pounds!

From about the first week in January until mid May I lost maybe 5 pounds. I was working out, using IF, and using a calorie restricted diet that I managed to fail at often.

Then I tried a new thing Ive been hesitant to share. My 2 SILs signed up with Optavia but I did NOT sign up. With their blessing they just shared the reading materials with me and sent me the packaging of the food. And I hacked it. I guess I’m kind of hesitant to share because I both want to give Optavia credit and I’m also not officially following the program. But the results have been great. I hope I don’t get in trouble for sharing!

I’m so happy to be down (almost) to my pre baby weight sizes. It’s made a huge difference in how my clothes fit and it’s been really easy. I plan on sticking it to it forever if need be.

So, after analyzing the materials, it basically comes down to eating 5 small meals per day that are around 100 -110 calories per meal. Then one “lean and green” meal of a protein and low carb veggies. You eat every 2 to 3 hours that you’re awake.

The best match to the nutritional profile of the small meals (which are supposed to be purchased by Optavia) are some nutrition bars from Costco. Costco carries two products that are a good match. The Kirkland protein bars and the pure protein bars. But I only eat a portion of each bar for each meal.

I also have to take a multivitamin every day. The Optavia meals are very balanced and enriched. Also, I found I need to eat pickles every day to get enough sodium. The Kirkland bars are high in fiber and that’s needed.

I realize that right now my diet is very processed, except for my lean and green meal. I’m experimenting with whole foods that match the same nutritional profile but honestly this summer it’s been nice to eat a bar.

I like this diet. I think for some it would be super tedious but it works for me. I’m not even tempted by my usual cheat foods because I actually think the bars are delicious. I feel like the lean and green meals are a good model for healthy eating and tasty and easy to find.