Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    AmyZ is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Default Dress pants for cranky 15 year old

My 15 year old needs nice BLACK dress pants for choir concerts. She hates clothing and dressing up. She wears leggings and hoodies every.single.day.

She's 5'7 with a long torso. Most pants are too short on her.

Any suggestions for something that doesn't feel like a dress pant? Lightweight and comfortable, but looks decent for dress.

Thank you!
    Our string quartet is complete

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My DD has some dress pants from Express, they look nice but fit more like a legging, and they come in long lengths. Look at the skinny styles.

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My 15YO DD has a light wool pair from J Crew. I would have preferred to spend a little less, but they had the magical combination of Size 00 Tall. They do feel like dress pants, though.

Have you looked at Betabrand's dress-pant-yoga-pants? They have a longer length, too! https://www.betabrand.com/womens/pan...ant-yoga-pants
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

Ms B is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Neatfreak View Post
    Have you looked at Betabrand's dress-pant-yoga-pants? They have a longer length, too! https://www.betabrand.com/womens/pan...ant-yoga-pants
    I was coming here to suggest Betabrand as well. I have not tried them myself, but several people on my other board are in love with them for work wear at jobs on the "nicer" end of business casual, so I suspect that they might do the trick.
    DS - "The Biscuit" 8/11
    Forever ours 4/12!

WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I have some calvin klein ponte pants from Costco and some from Sam's club that feel like yoga pants and are dressy enough to wear to work (in a school.) https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...n+pants+size+2

Thanks! I've got some BetaBrand on the way for her to try. I'll report back!

Did you find a sale price for the betabrand? I couldn't bear to pay 80.00 last time I looked and wasn't sure about the return policy (I'm short and not all short lengths work). DD is loving her express pants and they were about 40.00 on sale, if you need a back up plan, regular or tall would be fine for 5'7", they tend to run long.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I paid $58 per pair and I bought the small regular and small long. Unfortunately, DD is heading out for 2 weeks and I think the pants will arrive after she leaves, so I'll have to wait for her to try them on. I was in Express - and saw the pants, so that will be Plan B!

Thanks, all. Betabrand for the win! She is fine in the regular Small, the Tall was actually too long.

What size is she? Wondering if DD would like them, she is a 00 in express pants.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast