Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh wow, thank you so much for all the info!!!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Default Iceland trip report

Quote Originally Posted by div_0305 View Post
    Yes, would love to know your itinerary. I'd love to go, but worry DD (9) will complain too much about walking and food. How much did you walk to get that incredible valley and river picture? That cabin looks so awesome!
    That incredible valley was a very easy walk. You pretty much park at the bottom of it and walk up the side of it. You can see some amazing views pretty much instantly (within 5-10 min), and it was less than 30 min to the end at a very leisurely pace. We did that our last full day there, so the boys were pretty tired by then. But no one complained about that walk since it was so breathtakingly beautiful. Apparently Justin Bieber filmed a music video there and popularized the canyon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by georgiegirl; 07-10-2019 at 08:27 PM.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    That incredible valley was a very easy walk. You pretty much park at the bottom of it and walk up the side of it. You can see some amazing views pretty much instantly (within 5-10 min), and it was less than 30 min to the end at a very leisurely pace. We did that our last full day there, so the boys were pretty tired by then. But no one complained about that walk since it was so breathtakingly beautiful. Apparently Justin Bieber filmed a music video there and popularized the canyon.

Neat! Very doable for us, then.

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing and taking the time to post your itinerary!

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

HOLY COW! looks amazing. what was your budget for that vacation, minus your airfare?

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Wow, thank u for sharing - this sounds amazing. This sounds like something that would be up our alley. We are not really into the beach/tropical vacations and always want to go somewhere cooler in the summer to escape the Texas heat.

i am curious how the car rental worked. For some reason , driving a car overseas totally freaks me out. Using GPS etc is not an issue? Does renting a car help keep the cost down ? When I visited Europe I’ve always just take taxis everywhere . Though I have heard Iceland is really expensive.

Default Iceland trip report

Quote Originally Posted by fauve01 View Post
    HOLY COW! looks amazing. what was your budget for that vacation, minus your airfare?
    It was about $8000 including airfare for all 5 of us ($2600 total, which included two checked bags), and that included 7 nights in Iceland plus one night in a hotel (2 rooms) after we returned. Plus food in the airport and on the way to/from the airport (4 hour drive). We did the blue lagoon and an amphibian boat ride at glacier lagoon. We spent one afternoon at a local pool (my kids loved it...zero rules about the water slide....they could all go on together, even my 5 year old), and it was only $10 total. DH is super anal about receipts, so I’m pretty sure we got all the expenses in that $8000ish total. (It’s cheaper than our Disney/universal vacation over spring break.)

Driving in Iceland was super easy. Roads are well maintained and it’s very easy to get around. We rented a WiFi hotspot, so we always had gps and WiFi. You could take tour busses, but that will up the cost by a lot. It was $600 for the car and we spent about $200 on gas (Diesel). Most day trips are minimum $80+ per person. And since we had 5 of us, clearly renting a car was way cheaper.

DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Brings back great memories and WOW - you REALLY lucked out with the weather. Amazing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2