Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Gracemom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I love unsweet flavored iced tea. Mango, peach and black currant are my favorites.

He could wean off by diluting his juice with water or seltzer until he gets used to just having a bit of flavor. I love iced tea made with herbal teas like peach or raspberry. I donít make it often, but itís really delicious! Also know that Stevia (and, I think, monkfruit, but I donít use that) is a pretty safe sweetener. Itís been tested and doesnít mess with the endocrine system like artificial sweeteners. I wouldnít use it daily, but if he has the urge for sweet, using some Stevia in iced herbal tea or even getting an occasional drink sweetened with it isnít going to cause a problem. We always have some True Lemon in the house. Itís basically freeze dried lemon you can add to water. They make it sweetened with some cane sugar and Stevia as well as unsweetened. The packets are designed to pour into a bottle of water, but we make lemonade with them and use one less packet than advised so the flavor is a bit diluted. I think they make other flavors, too, that are primarily freeze dried fruit. When craving a sweet drink, that hits the spot!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

DS1 was crazy about juice when he was younger, but I was worried with the extra surface to his diet and teeth. So I made something that we call transfusion in our household; a splash of cranberry juice mixed with 2/3 glass of mixed berry seltzer water.

It became a big bit. Now DS1 drinks plain water 90% and milk sometimes, with transfusion drinks as special occasion drink. It was a great way for DH to transit out from his juice drinks too! Now we all drink plain water, seltzer water or the fruit infused water I make once a month or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Hint brand of water is yum!
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

gatorsmom is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmomagain View Post
    Hint brand of water is yum!
    i was coming here to say the same thing. Our whole family loves Hint.
    "It is not 'progressive' to try to resolve problems by eliminating a human life." Pope Francis

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

What about Vitamin water zero? I love LaCroix but not everyone likes it because its not sweet.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2