Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Soups?

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Soups?

My kiddos love Chinese soups (chicken corn, egg drop, hot and sour) but DD is starting to develop an intolerance to anything with soy sauce (she wakes up next day with Sushi face ) Soups are our go to in the car, so I’d love to hear from the rest of you re favorite soups? Special bonus if it’s a Chinese tasting soup but without soy sauce and with a lower salt content
    ETA: and we eat then too so something without cream/not too heavy would be awesome
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Have you thought about subbing out coconut aminos? I recently discovered this product
    Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos (3 Pack) - 8 fl oz - Low Sodium Soy Sauce Alternative, Low-Glycemic - Organic, Vegan, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Kosher - Keto, Paleo - 144 Total Servings https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CMYMRL2..._IewkDb7CR2CT6
    K

Not Chinese, but our favorites are chicken tortilla, loaded baked potato, and corn chowder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    Have you thought about subbing out coconut aminos? I recently discovered this product
    Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos (3 Pack) - 8 fl oz - Low Sodium Soy Sauce Alternative, Low-Glycemic - Organic, Vegan, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Kosher - Keto, Paleo - 144 Total Servings https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CMYMRL2..._IewkDb7CR2CT6
    Yes to this! I have recently switched as well. Great taste and so much less sodium.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Quote Originally Posted by mommy111 View Post
    My kiddos love Chinese soups (chicken corn, egg drop, hot and sour) but DD is starting to develop an intolerance to anything with soy sauce (she wakes up next day with Sushi face ) Soups are our go to in the car, so I’d love to hear from the rest of you re favorite soups? Special bonus if it’s a Chinese tasting soup but without soy sauce and with a lower salt content
    ETA: and we eat then too so something without cream/not too heavy would be awesome
    If it’s really soy that is the issue. You can replace the soy with coconut aminos bottle. It’s very similar to soy and often used as soy substitute.

Otherwise I often make taco soup, egg drop soup with my soy substitute, minestrone soup, and Italian wedding soup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You guys are awesome, I hadn’t even heard of coconut aminos, I will try that. Chinese soups are the one thing that do not cause complaints on car rides, since both of them love soups
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I recently had a root vegetable soup that was so delicious. I looked up recipes and this one seems similar to the one I had (I plan on trying to make it soon)

https://www.shelikesfood.com/roasted...egetable-soup/

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

what the heck is sushi face?

our fav soups are Split pea, chicken noodle, baked potato, tortilla. All Homemade of course!

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I’m so baffled by the fact that you eat soup in the car. That seems like the last thing I would let my kids eat in the car! Seems just like asking for it all to be spilled all over my seats. Your kids must be much more careful than mine!

And so I don’t leave this thread without contributing something useful... I made this soup yesterday called “frozen pea soup”. It was a bag of frozen peas, 2 cups of boiling water, a touch of acid (I think the recipe called for sherry vinegar but I used lemon cause I had a half I needed to use up), and salt to taste (I didn’t use much). Put all in vitamix and blend til smooth. Chill. Served with a big dollop of whole milk Greek yogurt and my DD ate practically the whole thing. Good for this heat wave we are having!

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    I’m so baffled by the fact that you eat soup in the car. That seems like the last thing I would let my kids eat in the car! Seems just like asking for it all to be spilled all over my seats. Your kids must be much more careful than mine!

And so I don’t leave this thread without contributing something useful... I made this soup yesterday called “frozen pea soup”. It was a bag of frozen peas, 2 cups of boiling water, a touch of acid (I think the recipe called for sherry vinegar but I used lemon cause I had a half I needed to use up), and salt to taste (I didn’t use much). Put all in vitamix and blend til smooth. Chill. Served with a big dollop of whole milk Greek yogurt and my DD ate practically the whole thing. Good for this heat wave we are having!
    I love easy recipes that are healthy like this. Thanks for sharing! I make a similar pea soup but it uses milk and butter (served hot) instead of just water and yogurt but this sounds much healthier.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast