Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Do you/would you read books on your phone during a vacation?

Now that I have the 3 free months of amazon kindle unlimited, I am trying to decide if I need to bring my old ipad (that I have not used in at least a year) on my trip or if I should just use my phone. The phone is a google pixel 2 and the screen isnt particularly big, but I do read articles on it. We will be doing things like regularly going on a boat where we may get wet, so not sure if I want to bring the ipad (I can protect it of course, but one more thing to worry about). The trip is about 11 days, but the large part of my reading would be during 4 days when we are on a quieter part of the trip.

Thoughts?
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Blech. I would hate it. I will do it in a pinch but my Paperwhite is so much better. Amazon has some pretty cheap e-readers that might be worth exploring especially with Prime Day deals.

I only read on my iPhone or iPad if I don't have my kindle. Prime Day is tomorrow and Tuesday. I bet you can get one of the new waterproof Paperwhites for a great price.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I hate reading on my phone. I only do it when i am standing in line and didn't remember my kindle or actual book. The phone is way too small! I also hate the backlighting.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'd look at the upcoming Kindle deals or try to find a cheap used Kindle on your local resale page. DH reads on his phone for portability but it chews through battery life and can't be especially good for his eyes.

Thanks! We are leaving Tuesday, so I won't get anything from Prime day in time. (Although I am considering ordering one for later if there is a good price). Just trying to figure out if it makes sense to use the ipad or not...
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I've been tempted to do it, in order to save space or travel more minimally. But I usually end up bring my actual Kindle e-reader on trips because I prefer the screen for reading 100%.
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

Thanks! My ipad is so old that it was slowing down and that is why I stopped using it. I am going to try to download a book to see if it makes sense to bring it.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I hate reading on my phone I only use my iPad.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

prime day deals may be available at whole foods. I'd do just about anything to avoid reading on my phone..... including not reading

they also have 20% off refurb kindles in the warehouse section. Not sure the price is decent or not
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast