Default Product to obscure view from window but allow light in?

I'm looking to sublease an office space (I'm a psychologist). I'm looking at a specific ground-level office space with 2 large floor-to-ceiling windows. The windows let in a lot of natural light, which is great because the office itself is fairly dark and has some pretty dated fluorescent lights that I'd prefer not to use much if I can help it (I will supplement the natural light with lamps). Unfortunately, the windows look out onto the parking lot, and with the office being ground level, this translates to the windows being about 5 feet from parked car bumpers; not a great view for my clients who will likely be staring out in that direction throughout their sessions, and not ideal for maintaining client confidentiality. I'm wondering if there is some product that I could use to "screen" the view from the windows while still letting the light in? I'm not sure if this will result in the office feeling claustrophobic; maybe if I just screened the lower half of the windows....I'm open to any thoughts/suggestions/resources.

ETA: the windows currently have horizontal miniblinds on them. If I close the blinds the view of the parking lot is gone, but it blocks a significant amount of the natural light.

Thank you!
    Last edited by corrie23; 07-15-2019 at 06:07 PM.
    Mama to my three:
    DD 2/2003
    DD 5/2006
    DS 3/2010

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I've used this. It makes the windows appear frosted, but allows light in.

https://www.amazon.com/Coavas-Adhesi...gateway&sr=8-1
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Vinyl window decals of some sort. I searched Etsy and one of the first results was "window film for privacy" https://www.etsy.com/search?q=window...=window%20film

If you already have mini blinds you can try opening them and then run your hand from the bottom up to tilt the lower slats up. That's what I do in my bathroom. My mini blinds are open on the top but the bottom slats are tipped up on the lower half to block any view in. This doesn't damage the blinds in any way and you can close or open them normally when you choose.

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

There are many options for blinds that open top down so you could lower them at the top and leave bottom closed. There are also some specifically designed for what you need... privacy while still allowing light through. Look at Smith and Noble website.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Similar to the others who mentioned the privacy film, I have somethign similar to this ( https://www.amazon.com/RABBITGOO-Pri...-garden&sr=1-9) on my bathroom windows at home.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by klwa View Post
    Similar to the others who mentioned the privacy film, I have somethign similar to this ( https://www.amazon.com/RABBITGOO-Pri...-garden&sr=1-9) on my bathroom windows at home.
    I have this same product (different pattern) in both my bathrooms, works great!
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy_Mea View Post
    I have this same product (different pattern) in both my bathrooms, works great!
    We have something like this in our bathroom, too, and love it.