Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default Deep conditioner for swimming?

DDs hair is really starting to suffer from swim team. She wears a cap, but refuses to put all of her hair in it and this is not a battle in which I wish to engage. In the past, I have used straight coconut oil. It works well, but is hard to wash out and she is very fussy about her hair being messed with. Any favorite products?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Do you use something like Ultra Swim? Ds1 uses that shampoo and conditioner during swim season.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes, ultra swim works great.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Do you use something like Ultra Swim? Ds1 uses that shampoo and conditioner during swim season.
    She is using Babo swim and sport shampoo. I really don't know what conditioner she is using. It was a leftover from something we had put in a travel bottle. She has used Ultra Swim shampoo in the past. There was something I didn't like about it, maybe it dried her hair out, I don't remember.

Last edited by trcy; 07-17-2019 at 01:56 PM.
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Does she wash it right after swim? My DD (13) has long hair and has been swimming many hours a week for over 5 years and we never use any special products. Her hair seems fine. DS1’s hair can get very straw-like but he doesn’t wear a swim cap and he often doesn’t rinse after (currently the locker rooms are being renovated, so no option for showering there)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Does she wash it right after swim? My DD (13) has long hair and has been swimming many hours a week for over 5 years and we never use any special products. Her hair seems fine. DS1’s hair can get very straw-like but he doesn’t wear a swim cap and he often doesn’t rinse after (currently the locker rooms are being renovated, so no option for showering there)

She washes it as soon as we get home.

DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My kids have done swim for years, DD is now on high school team. We've only used Ultra Swim shampoo and conditioner. She has long hair, never had an issue. She tends to wash out her hair at the pool vs waiting till she gets home. Also, just have her put all her hair in the cap, I mean, how much is sticking out? Maybe have the swim coach tell her? They often listen better to coaches than mom's.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    My kids have done swim for years, DD is now on high school team. We've only used Ultra Swim shampoo and conditioner. She has long hair, never had an issue. She tends to wash out her hair at the pool vs waiting till she gets home. Also, just have her put all her hair in the cap, I mean, how much is sticking out? Maybe have the swim coach tell her? They often listen better to coaches than mom's.
    Yes, mine always wears a cap and washes it in the locker room immediately after practice.

DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS1 swam competively for several years and always used Malibu C Wellness Swimmers shampoo and conditioner. Because of his eczema, he always showed immediately after swim in the locker room or outdoor showers, not when he got home.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

I buy Malibu treatment packs for DD and she uses them as a deep conditioner once a week. I buy a box of 12 for $15 on eBay.

She has used Ultra Swim shampoo, but I don't think she likes it very much. I've also paid $15++ for one Malibu treatment service at a salon.

Malibu C Swimmers Wellness Hair Remedy Box 12 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CX4FG52..._-F4lDb4RSG08W

Sent from my LML713DL using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast