Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What color to paint our kitchen

Looking for ideas about what color to paint our kitchen. The things in the kitchen that won’t change are the countertops which are sort of an off white/brown/grey and the floors which are a cherry and multicolor but mostly warm brown. Any tips from people better at this sort of thing than I am would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default What color to paint our kitchen

Those are incredibly neutral. I would do any color (not a neutral). Shade of green, blue, yellow...whatever you’re more drawn to.

Eta- I dislike white walls but if you like them, they’d look nice too.

I spend time on Pinterest and Houzz for inspiration.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 07-20-2019 at 06:00 PM.

gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Is your kitchen a totally separate room or do you need to consider the colors in adjoining rooms? SW Sea Salt is a beautiful color.

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think you need to do some big color swatches and hold them up. That stuff is very neutral, BUT I bet there are some undertones we can’t see in the pictures that the right color would draw out and make pop. I’ve got a mixed color rug in my family room with the granite colors, a pale yellow wall, dark wood coffee table, and couch/chair with grey/yellow with green tones. It really works well together that if I had looked at it separately I would think it was nuts. I’d try some stuff in the yellow/gold tones. I’d be curious if stretching over to some redness in it would do something, hard to tell.

I think you could also put a few things on the counter, like a nice dark wooden bowl that matches the darker color on the floor.

Thanks for all the advice. I am SO not good at this sort of thing. I can look at pictures on houzz and things of other rooms I like, but I’m not good at imaging how it will look in my house. The kitchen adjoins a hallway on one side that is currently a boring off white and the living room on the other side that is currently tan. We will probably be painting both at some point. Most immediately we will be painting the hallway probably a darker color. The off white is all dirty and marked up and looks horrible so something that hides dirt a little bit but is not too dark is a necessity. Since we were doing the hallway I suggested to my DH we do the kitchen as well. We will probably do the living room in the next few years as it is the kids main playroom and gets a lot of wear, but we won’t do it until they get a little bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.mariakillam.com

A lot of people on Houzz recommend this website for paint color questions. You may or may not find it useful.

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Unless you’re worried about the mess, I would go white. It’s ‘in’ but also it’s timeless. I wish I could paint all the walls in my house white......I love that aesthetic
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I, too would go with a warm white. It’s clean and a classic.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We have used Snowbound as a warmer white on trim, ceilings, etc. Can you put a chip of it next to all the samples and see if that works?

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

How is the lighting in there? Do you have big beautiful windows that let in a lot of light? I just keep seeing moody and dark that would look good with the granite and wood floors but I'd only like it if there was a LOT of natural light to balance it out. Otherwise I think I like white. I don't like only neutral spaces so I'm trying to imagine what actual color would look good in accessories but I'm still puzzling it out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast