Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

It is such a personal thing. I prefer a light, clean looking kitchen so I'd never personally do a deep wall color in mine, but it is totally subjective. We have a warm gray in ours (Farrow and Ball Cornforth White) - I'd say a light neutral or a warm white would be your safest bet.
    Last edited by marinkitty; 07-23-2019 at 09:15 AM.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm surprised no one has asked what color the cabinets are...or did I miss it??

We do have 2 nice sized windows, but we get afternoon light so in the evening we usually keep the blinds down or the sun is blinding. In general I would say it feels nice and open even with the blinds down since they are light filtering and not blackout blinds. The cabinets are a warm brown. I’m not at home so I can’t take a picture but I will later tonight. For my taste the cabinets are too close to the floor color. At one point I thought about having them pained white, but we got sidetracked with other home improvement projects that came first. It still may happen down the road. It’s hard for me to imagine a bold color in the kitchen as well, but I’m not opposed to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chitowngirl View Post
    We do have 2 nice sized windows, but we get afternoon light so in the evening we usually keep the blinds down or the sun is blinding. In general I would say it feels nice and open even with the blinds down since they are light filtering and not blackout blinds. The cabinets are a warm brown. I’m not at home so I can’t take a picture but I will later tonight. For my taste the cabinets are too close to the floor color. At one point I thought about having them pained white, but we got sidetracked with other home improvement projects that came first. It still may happen down the road. It’s hard for me to imagine a bold color in the kitchen as well, but I’m not opposed to it.

Yes, post a pic of the whole space! I think that the right wall color (depending on how much wall shows behind the cabinets) and the right rug will probably make you happy.

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I also prefer lighter colors in kitchens, especially if counters and cabinets are darker. Another vote for SW sea salt. It’s very neutral and light...with color. I love it because it can look gray, blue, or green. I have it in my kitchen, dining, living and hallway...looks different in every room. Bang for your buck! Around here (I live on the coast), Sea Salt seems to be the go-to neutral. Grey-beiges are second. Warmer beiges are dated.
    Last edited by SASM; 07-23-2019 at 10:03 PM.

Sorry it took so long to get the pictures. This is what the current kitchen looks like. Sorry for the mess - our sink is leaking!!!

Pretty kitchen!!! OK, the picture helps. I vote for Benjamin Moore Van Deusen Blue. It's a "navy" but it's not as dark as others and has a brighter feel.

Here's how a similar blue plays off of the warm wood tones (first pic) - note that there's warm wood everywhere, including the floor, like your kitchen! And this blue looks great against white trim too (looking at your window casing) and in the 2nd pic you can see how it works both with white trim and warm wood floors (and desk and furniture accents).

I think it's fine for your floors to feel like they blend in, and let the blue walls be the pop of color but if you need a (washable!) runner, you can choose a lighter one that pulls in blues, or stick with a light creamy neutral.
    https://ruggable.com/products/leona-...13855767003191
    https://ruggable.com/products/kalina...13855756189751
    https://ruggable.com/collections/whi...13720041685047
    https://ruggable.com/products/hudson...13720031232055
    https://ruggable.com/collections/blu...14114675392567

And then finally I think changing out your cabinet hardware to black will make a big difference.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 07-25-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2