ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Favorite travel games (airplane)

We need to refresh our supply of travel games for some upcoming trips (including long layovers - oof). What are some of your favorites?

Our current faves:
    Top Trumps
    Rubberneckers (for the car - doesn't work on a plane)
    Pass the Pigs
    Fluxx
    Loaded Questions

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Heads Up- it’s an app.

Sushi Go

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Uno never gets old in our family.

You know, for long layovers, you can actually buy a day pass for an airport lounge. I think we had a 4-6 hour layover in Atlanta. We are Delta FF. DH got in free because he has Xyz status and we paid for passes for the rest of us. I think it was $25 a person and it was worth it. Hang out in a comfy chair with an outlet right there. Kids could get all the snacks they wanted. Free drinks. Loved it.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    You know, for long layovers, you can actually buy a day pass for an airport lounge. I think we had a 4-6 hour layover in Atlanta. We are Delta FF. DH got in free because he has Xyz status and we paid for passes for the rest of us. I think it was $25 a person and it was worth it. Hang out in a comfy chair with an outlet right there. Kids could get all the snacks they wanted. Free drinks. Loved it.
    I’ve heard of airport lounges but never actually seen one I guess that’s what I get for flying Southwest! At all the airports I fly to or through, the only lounges are in a completely separate terminal or a different concourse with a separate security line. Fortunately I can generally avoid long layovers...

ETA: after some googling, I discovered that an Escape Lounge (apparently a national chain, not affiliated with any airline, looks like the fee is ~$45) has JUST opened at my most frequent destination airport. So new that, although the airport website mentions it, there’s no info about where it’s located!

Any experience with these?

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by NCGrandma; 07-21-2019 at 02:53 PM.

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    This is a super sore spot with me right now. We have Priority Pass, but the layover is in Denver so the only Access is at TimberlineRestaurant. We had planned to have a long breakfast there and would have gotten about $100 worth of credit through Priority Pass. But, Amex isn't allowing restaurant use of Priority Pass, as of the first day of our trip. Same impact at MSP (where we leave from) - we would have gotten into the the PGA Lounge - also gone as of the first day of our trip.

Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    This is a super sore spot with me right now. We have Priority Pass, but the layover is in Denver so the only Access is at TimberlineRestaurant. We had planned to have a long breakfast there and would have gotten about $100 worth of credit through Priority Pass. But, Amex isn't allowing restaurant use of Priority Pass, as of the first day of our trip. Same impact at MSP (where we leave from) - we would have gotten into the the PGA Lounge - also gone as of the first day of our trip.
    That stinks!!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My 10YO brings Cat Crimes and Uno. There is also an app version of Sushi Go that's fun.
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008