liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default One night in Boston with friends

My friends and I are looking to spend one night in Boston this fall. We plan on getting into the city Saturday morning and spend the day sightseeing. I'm in charge of finding a hotel for the lot of us. What area/neighborhoods would work well? We'll get around on foot, subway or Uber from the hotel to attractions and dining.

Since we are all kid free, what would you recommend for adult fun?? Dining recommendations?

Boston is small enough that it's not critical to stay in a specific area to enjoy the sights. I would sign up for the Travelzoo VIP emails and watch for a deal on a fun hotel.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

back bay
    beacon hill
    fenway
    seaport
    for me in that order
    assuming you will be in Boston in the nicer weather. If not I'd skip seaport.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

For a girls trip what about an at an airbnb, easier to sit around and talk, have drinks etc with extra space vs sitting on beds in a hotel room.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just spent a week in Boston and needed to be in Cambridge but my choice for your trip would be Back Bay or maybe Beacon Hill. Back Bay with the Boston Public Garden, many nice hotels,restaurants and shops and easy to get everyplace else. It was easy to uber all over too. The T was okay but having delays so didn’t use it much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would say the locations mentioned are perfect and should cover most of your bases. I would recommend getting dinner reservations if it’s a big crowd. Don’t stay in the seaport. It might be fun to visit, but not a great hotel base. And yes to Air B&B. I once saw a house boat for rent there!