melrose7 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Best/cheapest site to buy contacts from

DD2 is getting contacts and because of her tricky prescription she doesn’t have many options to what she can wear. But now that we have a brand I am trying to shop around to get the best deal. Where have you found the best deal on contacts?
    Promoting inclusiveness from within the special needs community
    "Just Include Everybody"
    includestephanie.com
    Stephanie's Shirt Shop on Facebook and Instagram

Mom to
    DD1 7-3-05
    DD2 7-5-07
    DS1 3-23-10

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Our local place will price match 1800 contact. Also Walmart is often cheap. Ask if your eye place will price match.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I buy from Costco.com. I used to buy from 1-800 Contacts, but found Costco to be cheaper for my particular brand. However with 1-800 Contacts, you can exchange single, unused contacts for a new Rx if it changes. Not sure if that is still their policy, but it was when I bought from them.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've checked around and have found Costco to be the cheapest. It is only a few dollars cheaper than my doctor's office (which is the same as 1800 contacts).

Also, I know the brand I use, if you buy the whole year at one time there was a $200 mail in rebate. I think many have a similar deal if you ask your eye doctor. I couldn't afford the $800 up front for the full year to supply to get the discount, and just buy them 90 days at a time.

mom2khj is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Usually Costco. Sometimes the rebate for buying a year supply via the eye doctor makes them cheaper than Costco, but not always.
    mom to DD1 (17), DD2 (14) and DS (9)

div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2khj View Post
    Usually Costco. Sometimes the rebate for buying a year supply via the eye doctor makes them cheaper than Costco, but not always.
    Yup. Ours have always been cheaper this way.

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DD has a tricky prescription too but we have been able to find her script on more sites in the last year. Sometimes the optometrists' office is cheaper with the rebate, but we have also used a couple of different sites when they have really good deals or coupons.

https://www.contactlensking.com/
    https://www.aclens.com/

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Recently lens.com had the cheapest for me. Shipping was slow, but REALLY good dates on the lenses. I find that prices vary widely for my very common lens, and when buying online you MUST go all the way to the last checkout step to see the true price. Places may claim to have the cheapest price, then add on $30-40 PROCESSING fee which is ridiculous.

I start by pricing out the companies listed in ebates.... for an extra percentage back. It usually adds up when it's a BIG purchase. And yes - most have rebates when you buy a years supply at once. I have also found many online retailers have several store names/websites.... but all the same company.

IN comparison, buying online for me was about 30% cheaper than the costco price! Costco wanted $44.99 a box, and online was $29.99 a box (all fees considered).

melrose7 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I ended up getting them the cheapest from Lens.com. It was about $45 less than Costco. I didn’t want to buy a whole year since this is her first time using contacts and I want to make sure she wears them often. It was really frustrating that sites showed the “low” price but then added $30 for processing.
    I was a little upset that they will take so long to get here though. She wanted them for vacation and I thought ordering 2 weeks ahead of time would be enough but it won’t be. At least she’ll have them for school.
    Promoting inclusiveness from within the special needs community
    "Just Include Everybody"
    includestephanie.com
    Stephanie's Shirt Shop on Facebook and Instagram

Mom to
    DD1 7-3-05
    DD2 7-5-07
    DS1 3-23-10

DD’s eyes got significantly worse this year, so her optometrist wants to put her in These multifocal dailies. The trouble is that I can’t find them anywhere online, so I may be locked into buying them from the optometrist. https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...sed-Refractive