Dd1 and I are planning a trip to SF in September. This is what we have so far. We will not have a car, and Dd1 doesn’t like Uber/Lyft, etc. (silly, but I sort of get her hesitation as she says it is organized hitchhiking) so it will be all public transport (most likely just Bart).

Day 1 (Friday):
*Plane arrives from LA at 10 am to SFO (we will have no checked bags)
*Take airport shuttle to hotel (Fairfield Inn Milbrae) and drop off suitcases at hotel; see if early check in is available. It seems like we will have two options:

*Option A: leave bags at hotel and go straight to MOMA/Yerba Buena Gardens, visit for a few hours, grab a quick bite to eat, and then go back to hotel and change to go see Anastasia musical which is playing at at Golden Gate Theatre on Taylor and Market.

*Option B: see if early check is available, leave bags in room and then go eat locally near the hotel (there is a strip mall near by). If no early check in go and eat. After eating go back to room and then change clothes and head back to city around 3 or 4 and walk around SOMA, San Francisco Shopping Center (7 story mall), eat at or near center, and then go to 7 pm show.

Saturday:
eat in the city somewhere near a BART train station (Citymama, and Smiles rec. some good places near the Mission district) unless we end up tailgating pre game.
Go to Giants/Dodger game.
No idea as to after game plans as my parents will be there as well so we may end up going out and then they will take us back to our hotel.

Sunday:
Eat at hotel, and go to Alcatraz on a tour that starts before 10 am. Spend a few hours at Alcatraz, and go to Ghiradelli Square (walking distance from the pier). Take cable car to Union Square and pick up BART (or walk to Embacadero Bart) and return to hotel by 4 pm as the plane leaves at 7 pm.

My main concern is Friday and maybe Sunday. She says she wants to go to the show, and to go to Ghiradelli Square. I don’t feel like Alcatraz will be too much of an add on, but I don’t want to be stressed for time.

FWIW: we have been to Golden Gate Park, but she was 8 and I have no clue how to get there via public transportation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk