Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hotel towels

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Hotel towels

Pretty minor, really, but why don't hotels give enough bath towels? I make a reservation for 5 people. This summer we've stayed at 4 hotels and have 2 queens and a pull-out bed in all of them.

Hyatt in Jersey City - 3 towels
    Courtyard in Manhattan - 3 towels
    Holiday Inn in NH - 4 towels
    Quality Inn in ME - 4 towels

I ask for more now as I check in because I know there won't be enough. I don't even need "extra". I just want "enough". If there is a space to request things when I book, I always put extra towels (Courtyard had that info for sure). Never works.

And then the little signs saying we should try to reuse our towels for a few days. Great idea, but then maybe more than 1 hook on the back of the bathroom door would help? Should we put all 5 towels on the one hook? Lol. We have ended up hanging our towels in the closet. They don't get perfectly dry, but better than on just one hook!
    Kris

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

It took us 2 tries to get pillows for the sofa bed and rollaway at our hotel last week. Not sure why it was so hard. They still didn’t bring enough after 2 tries and I gave up (gave up some of our king bed pillows). I’m sure the towels is because housekeeping just stocks per routine. Somewhere to dry them is definitely a challenge!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    It took us 2 tries to get pillows for the sofa bed and rollaway at our hotel last week. Not sure why it was so hard. They still didn’t bring enough after 2 tries and I gave up (gave up some of our king bed pillows). I’m sure the towels is because housekeeping just stocks per routine. Somewhere to dry them is definitely a challenge!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Our pull out twin bed didn't have sheets in the room. I had sheets with me because we travel with a blow up mattress to use when we can. Tiny room, so that wasn't happening, but we used the sheets!
    Kris

WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I *almost* want to take 1-2 of our own small hair towels for this reason...they don't take up much space hanging or packed, they can still work as a towel.

KrisM, at Yellowstone, we are using an aerobed.They SAY they'll provide bedding, but do you think we should bring our own?

Yes!!! It’s been worse this summer for sure. 3 towels with 5 registered people with 2 queens & a pullout couch. Not to mention the lack of sheets, blankets or pillows for the couch. We have been finding the housekeeper’s cart & getting them from her after we check in.

It didn’t seem to be this way last year.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    I *almost* want to take 1-2 of our own small hair towels for this reason...they don't take up much space hanging or packed, they can still work as a towel.

KrisM, at Yellowstone, we are using an aerobed.They SAY they'll provide bedding, but do you think we should bring our own?
    I don't remember! I have our bed, pump, and sheets in a backpack. They just come all together. But we drive and I think you are flying.

Bringing hair towels is a great idea. I'm adding that to our main packing list.
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by Octobermommy View Post
    Yes!!! It’s been worse this summer for sure. 3 towels with 5 registered people with 2 queens & a pullout couch. Not to mention the lack of sheets, blankets or pillows for the couch. We have been finding the housekeeper’s cart & getting them from her after we check in.

It didn’t seem to be this way last year.
    I know we had to get more towels at the Dolphin at Disney last year, too.

I get that housekeeping just stocks rooms, and maybe 3 towels makes sense for a room with just a king bed, but rooms that sleep 6 should have more than 3 towels as a standard.
    Kris

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Maybe it's where I travel, but that's normal for us. I figured that hotel rooms usually only have 2-3 occupants no matter if they have a pull-out sofabed, so that's what they are stocked for. We just call housekeeping to have enough towels brought, set up the extra bed, and so on.

If the towel count is off the next day after the room's been service, that's when I start to get a bit salty about it.
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

Yes. Same experience. There's no where to hang the towels.

We travel with the air mattress as our backup. On our most recent return trip everything was delayed. We were driving and our stop at the hotel was 6 hours and 15 minutes from check-in to check-out. We came in with one duffel bag for the five of us since it was our final night trying to get home. The idea of going to the car was too much for us. There were plenty of pillows and an extra blanket. My 9 year old ended up on 4 pillows on the floor. It worked.

I'd always assume that a room with 2 queen beds would stock 4 sets of towels, but I've also seen rooms with only 3 sets. And I hear you about the lack of places to hang towels. I usually end up hanging some in the closet too.

Recently, we've also had some rooms that didn't have a towel for the bathtub.

But the worst was when housekeeping didn't leave more toilet paper in the room. I had to ask at the front desk and wait for a staff to bring me more rolls!
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast