Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hotel towels

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

This thread makes me really appreciate the Comfort Suites where I stay whenever I visit my family! Even though there’s just one of me, there are always plenty of towels (typically 6 sets) and pillows (4 on the king bed — 2 soft and 2 firmer, with a sign pointing this out! — plus more in the closet). The wall-mounted rack with the towels has towel rods and maybe hooks at the bottom to hang wet towels. I never knew people used the hook on the door for towels — for me, that’s where I hang robe and nightgown!

Definitely glad that this happens to be the closest hotel to my family’s house

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I always have to ask for more towels--never enough, that's for sure. Also, does anyone else find that the tiny shampoo bottles they provide are never enough? Like one tiny shampoo bottle, tiny body wash, and tiny hair conditioner. Definitely never enough toiletries for a family of four showering and washing hair!
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Seriously, more hooks!! We stayed at a hotel last night (with only 3 towels, btw), with a giant bathroom, completely empty walls. There were two hooks on the back of the door, one right above the other. So still only good for drying one towel. How hard is this?!
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MMMommy View Post
    I always have to ask for more towels--never enough, that's for sure. Also, does anyone else find that the tiny shampoo bottles they provide are never enough? Like one tiny shampoo bottle, tiny body wash, and tiny hair conditioner. Definitely never enough toiletries for a family of four showering and washing hair!
    I always pack travel size toiletries. Besides the problem of not having enough in those tiny bottles, I feel like the quality is usually really poor also and leaves my hair yucky.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

We bring our own. No way would they be big enough!

Actually, now that my kids are getting older, the bathroom counters are crowded with all the toiletry bags. I'm shopping for a "family" bag so we can bring full sized bottles and just have one bag on the counter for everyone to share.
    Kris

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    We bring our own. No way would they be big enough!

Actually, now that my kids are getting older, the bathroom counters are crowded with all the toiletry bags. I'm shopping for a "family" bag so we can bring full sized bottles and just have one bag on the counter for everyone to share.
    My family always brings their own toiletries (thanks, allergies...). I gave them this bag for Christmas and they’ve really enjoyed it. (Also a smaller version for one-person travel.)

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/7388...7361-GN3&csp=f

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ditto on the LL Bean toiletry bag! We have the family sized one also, and it was great for holding lots of toiletries for a long vacation.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My whole extended family has had these for 20+ years, still going strong. I have a medium size one that I got as a teenager, and my sister had the giant one because she likes to carry her full size toiletries and a hair dryer when she travels (she doesn't travel light!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    My family always brings their own toiletries (thanks, allergies...). I gave them this bag for Christmas and they’ve really enjoyed it. (Also a smaller version for one-person travel.)

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/7388...7361-GN3&csp=f

DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I use the LL Bean medium toiletry bag and just bought DS1 his own small bag.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I usually find this to be true, but a couple of weeks ago we stayed at a hotel ( an independent, not part of a chain) that had pump bottles attached to the inside of the shower. One was for shampoo, one for conditioner, and one for body soap. They were full size, and could easily be filled by housekeeping when needed. Even though I always bring my own, I thought it was such a great idea and wonder why more hotels don’t do this. While it would be a bit of an expense to install, I think it would save money (and certainly plastic) in the long run.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast