My son and I leave this morning for a 10 day extended family trip. My husband was supposed to be teaching a trauma class today and tomorrow so he is flying to join us on Saturday.
He stayed up late re-writing the slides, and left at 5am for a 2 hour drive. He had spoken to the coordinator of the class on Monday morning, Tuesday evening and probably yesterday as well.
He gets to the city where the class is and calls his friend (coordinator and guy who booked the students) and was told, oh, the class was rescheduled to later in August.
So now DH has a 3hr drive home due to rush hour traffic. Misses the first 2 days of our trip for nothing, and has to find someone to stay with DS on the days of the rescheduled class as it is on my work week and I work nights.
And we basically have no recourse. DH works very little and has medical issues that require regular treatment. He was ready to miss the beginning of the trip and now will be sitting at home since rescheduled airline tickets would be ridiculous.