Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Husband screwed by coworker/boss

My son and I leave this morning for a 10 day extended family trip. My husband was supposed to be teaching a trauma class today and tomorrow so he is flying to join us on Saturday.
    He stayed up late re-writing the slides, and left at 5am for a 2 hour drive. He had spoken to the coordinator of the class on Monday morning, Tuesday evening and probably yesterday as well.
    He gets to the city where the class is and calls his friend (coordinator and guy who booked the students) and was told, oh, the class was rescheduled to later in August.
    So now DH has a 3hr drive home due to rush hour traffic. Misses the first 2 days of our trip for nothing, and has to find someone to stay with DS on the days of the rescheduled class as it is on my work week and I work nights.
    And we basically have no recourse. DH works very little and has medical issues that require regular treatment. He was ready to miss the beginning of the trip and now will be sitting at home since rescheduled airline tickets would be ridiculous.
    mom to Billy 12/07

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Uggghhhhh I'm so sorry....

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh no that's so frustrating!!!

FWIW he might try calling the airline just in case they can somehow transfer it or let him fly standby on an earlier flight. As one adult flying alone he would have more travel flexibility than a family.

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    Oh no that's so frustrating!!!

FWIW he might try calling the airline just in case they can somehow transfer it or let him fly standby on an earlier flight. As one adult flying alone he would have more travel flexibility than a family.
    He is exhausted right now and planning on napping. He is on Delta on Saturday, we are Alaska todayx and out of a different airport. It may have been doable, but too much hassle.
    Thanks for the idea though.
    mom to Billy 12/07

Does your DH have any recourse to charge them for the last minute cancellation? He already incurred significant costs (travel time to the city, lost labor, staying up late prep time in a rush to meet THEIR timeline, not to mention the opportunity cost of missing the first two days of your family vacation). I would be FURIOUS that the friend didn't provide advance notice. Did they literally cancel/reschedule that morning after your DH left home? It's so unprofessional of that client/friend!

KrisM is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Wow, that's really awful of them. I'm sorry he is missing vacation for no reason now. How frustrating.
    Kris

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I am so sorry, that is really awful
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I'm really angry on behalf of your family!! I'm sorry!

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Just terrible, I am so sorry!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Thanks everyone. He still hasn't heard from his friend. He did confirm that he had exchanged emails with the group they were to teach just a couple weeks ago who had confirmed the date as today. So it was a recent change.
    DS and I had a good day with my family, though, so a good start to vacation for everyone else.
    mom to Billy 12/07

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast