Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It works better if you blow it out first, which is what I do. I have the paddle style and mine was an expensive one but I blow out my hair quite regularly. If it was not a regular occurrence I might go cheaper. Same with the Revlon dryer brush...it works great but IMO would be too damaging for every day, so I use the Dyson air wrap. I travel with the Revlon though.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by smilequeen View Post
    It works better if you blow it out first, which is what I do. I have the paddle style and mine was an expensive one but I blow out my hair quite regularly. If it was not a regular occurrence I might go cheaper. Same with the Revlon dryer brush...it works great but IMO would be too damaging for every day, so I use the Dyson air wrap. I travel with the Revlon though.
    By blow it out, do you mean dry it a bit so it’s damp instead of wet? Or do you mean like they do in a salon section by section with a round brush? If I could do the latter I wouldn’t need a dryer brush

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

For the dryer brush I do blow dry until damp and then use it. https://www.ulta.com/one-step-volumi...RoCahkQAvD_BwE

For the paddle style it needs to be completely dry to use. https://www.sephora.com/product/brus...hoC5AoQAvD_BwE
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    By blow it out, do you mean dry it a bit so it’s damp instead of wet? Or do you mean like they do in a salon section by section with a round brush? If I could do the latter I wouldn’t need a dryer brush
    I completely dry mine as that is required for the paddle brush. However I don’t do a blow out section by section as I’m not coordinated enough, nor do I have enough time. I use my dryer to dry my hair and then the paddle brush.

I have the revlon as well. I only use it on low because it gets so hot.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

https://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Gold...01N676VLJ?th=1
    I bought this one off of Zulily about a year ago. I would say it doesn't do as good of a job as a traditional straightener, but it does keep my frizzes away.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Just seeing this. I was the OP on the thread referred to above. I still love the Revlon brush - although it's not AS great in the summer (with humidity) as the rest of the year. I have to make 100% sure I get it REALLY dry, and know that I will likely have to touch it up if I really care how it looks. Having said that - by day 3 it looks really good so if I am going somewhere that I really care, I try hard to plan ahead. My hair is also longer now which I think adds to the time/my slight frustration.

Having said that - still liking and using it.

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by smilequeen View Post

OMG, how is the Dyson Air Wrap??? I saw it at ulta a couple weeks ago and now i want it! is it awesome? do you love it? how long have you had it? do you use it on wet hair? how long and what texture is your hair? which air wrap model did you get--all the accessories? tell me everything.

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just bought the CHI Air Tourmaline Ceramic Hot Brush for DD1 using a 20% off Bed Bath coupon.

Will report back after we receive it and she tries it out. The reviews seem positive, indicating that it has more bristles than the norm.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...73?keyword=chi
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MMMommy View Post
    I just bought the CHI Air Tourmaline Ceramic Hot Brush for DD1 using a 20% off Bed Bath coupon.

Will report back after we receive it and she tries it out. The reviews seem positive, indicating that it has more bristles than the norm.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...73?keyword=chi
    I have this style (L’ange brand though) for DD. It’s different than the air blowing styles mentioned above. Hair needs to be dry already. It replaces a flat iron, not a hair dryer. I really like it. And for any younger girls nervous about learning to use a flat iron it is great. You can put your hands on it without burning. You really need to watch a video online to see how to use it. You don’t just run it through your hair like a brush. You need to section it off, put the brush underneath the hair, and run a section through with some tension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast