mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Hotels in Niagara Falls, Canadian side?

I looked back and did a search and it seems the Hilton was recommended, and passed that along to a friend, however, she says it doesn't get very good reviews.

Any insights? Suggestions.

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We stayed at the Embassy Suites this summer and it was great. I don’t think I’d stay anywhere else.

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just got back from Niagara Falls (still driving, about an hour away from home). If I ever go again I will stay in a hotel near Table Rock with quick access to the funicular to Table Rock. There are several hotels in this area, I know Embassy Suites is one but there are others. I read that the Wego bus was great etc. so staying farther away would be fine. Nope. We wasted valuable time just getting to the main attractions. If you want to go to Clifton Hill or Skylon Tower you can take a Red or Blue Wego bus to those, but I would plan on staying closer to the Falls and using the Green Line Wego to get to the various natural attractions. The only other one I would consider that if a little farther north is Sheraton on the Falls which is very close to the Hornblower cruise and all 3 bus lines. Let me know if you want more info.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JElaineB View Post
    I just got back from Niagara Falls (still driving, about an hour away from home). If I ever go again I will stay in a hotel near Table Rock with quick access to the funicular to Table Rock. There are several hotels in this area, I know Embassy Suites is one but there are others. I read that the Wego bus was great etc. so staying farther away would be fine. Nope. We wasted valuable time just getting to the main attractions. If you want to go to Clifton Hill or Skylon Tower you can take a Red or Blue Wego bus to those, but I would plan on staying closer to the Falls and using the Green Line Wego to get to the various natural attractions. The only other one I would consider that if a little farther north is Sheraton on the Falls which is very close to the Hornblower cruise and all 3 bus lines. Let me know if you want more info.
    I should add that we didn't do the tower or Clifton Hill, so I'm not too sure how close they really are. The Embassy is overlooking the Canadian Falls, so it's at the end of those areas. We walked down to the horn blower and to all of the natural attractions along that path. I do have a friend who stayed there and she said they got an awesome deal with Wego passes included to get down to the Clifton Hill area.

We stayed at the Fallsview Marriott this summer which is across from the funicular to Table Rock. There is a pedestrian walkway from the hotel to the funicular. The location is great, but we did have a few issues with our room. The AC was not working well, and I believe some other people were having issues with the AC in their room. We also had some issues connecting to the hotel Wifi from our room. Besides that, the hotel was fine and we had a great view of the falls from our room.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We’ve stayed at the DoubleTree which is a couple streets back from the busy area but still walkable to everything.

We were there a few weeks ago and stayed at the Sheraton On The Falls. The location was excellent and the view of the falls from the rooms was amazing! My kids loved it. Would recommend! There is also an indoor waterpark that is attached to the hotel that we heard great things about (didn't have time to go).
    DS 9/09
    DD 4/13

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thank you for the ideas. A friend is going Labor Day weekend and because I'm Canadian I guess she presumed I'd know where to stay (I haven't been in 40 years!). She has two family members who walk with a cane so they they don't want to be too far. She had read some not so great reviews about the Sheraton, glad to her woodsmom had a good experience. She has left it to the last minute, so she may not get a room with a view.