Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default high school supply list

DS1 is going to high school (local public) they don't have a supply list. Any suggestions for what he would need? Thanks!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Has school started yet? If not, wait. The teachers will tell them.

Otherwise, they haven't been picky at all. Whatever organizational system works for the kids has been fine, in our experience. Ds1 uses these a lot https://www.target.com/p/five-star-8...r/-/A-18817758

bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I stock up on 2 inch binders, 3 subject notebooks, and 2 pocket folders and they just grab what they need. Also lots of pens, graphing calculator and compass. Most teachers don’t have specefic requirements.

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

So annoying that you dont have a list in advance. I'd buy binders, 1 & 5 subject notebooks, looseleaf sheets, pens & pencils while its all on sale and return what you dont need when they finally tell you what you do need.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Yup, the teacher will tell the students what they need on the first day of school. Some have specific requirements, others don't.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Mine uses what worked in middle school. He has very few teachers that require anything specific it seems. Paper, pencils, folder in some version.
    Kris

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bnme View Post
    I stock up on 2 inch binders, 3 subject notebooks, and 2 pocket folders and they just grab what they need. Also lots of pens, graphing calculator and compass. Most teachers don’t have specefic requirements.
    This is a good list! I agree—in high school they don’t give a list in advance!

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    So annoying that you dont have a list in advance. I'd buy binders, 1 & 5 subject notebooks, looseleaf sheets, pens & pencils while its all on sale and return what you dont need when they finally tell you what you do need.
    Office Max is having great sales online. Loose leaf is 50 cents, for example. For the first time, we are trying their Stellar brand notebooks (one subject), which are a fraction of the cost of the Five Star ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We are using a big binder with dividers for most classes. A couple of classes need their own binders and dividers. Pens, pencils, paper, highlighters, calculator, and planner are also musts.
    K

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We do have a list, but a very succinct one. Composition notebooks for every foundation class, pencils, black, blue, and red pens....folders of course. That's about it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast