Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by ourbabygirl View Post
    Bumping this thread in hopes that someone can give suggestions on where to buy cheaper rugs. I took home three different ones from Home Goods, and I like the price ($300 for a 7' x 10'), and the fact that I can see, feel, and take them home right away. However, the one that looked great in our room ended up pilling a lot (fuzz came off) the first day, so unfortunately, I had to take it back.

Where else would you suggest to look for a rug that is $500 or under? I would buy online, but I really want to touch, smell, and feel them, and see how the color and pattern looks in our room (don't want to order and pay to ship them back).
    The only places I've looked are Pottery Barn, HomeGoods, and Pier 1. Where else should I try? And what materials should I avoid so I'm not stuck with something that's a fuzzy, linty mess?

Thanks so much!
    Maybe it was the material? Safavieh has a lot of low pile options and haven't had that problem. Cat doesn't bother it either. We got it from Homegoods but I see it on Home Depot's website as well. We do use Softpaws on the front claws but he hasn't even tried to paw it. Now he does with the entry mat (waterhog from LL Bean) so I would stay away from anything bumpy.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have no idea about the style rugs that have been suggested, but have you tried looking at home improvement stores? Lowes/Home Depot both usually carry a good number of rugs, and I would guess they have similar types to what's been discussed here.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2