Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

When I was in college and grad school, I helped teach a camp at Texas Tech University called Science, It's a Girl Thing. It is a STEM camp aimed specifically at girls. DD1 attended it many years later for several summers, loving each one. They also have a co-ed science camp.

If you're into water sports, there is a 1 week overnight camp in New Braunfels, TX at Texas Ski Ranch. They learn to water ski, surf, fish, and lots of other water sports. My kids have never done it, but my cousin works there, and his girlfriend is the GM. It sounded like a fun camp.

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My oldest (HS senior) did a 1-week residential Boys State program this summer. Boys/Girls State is run by the American Legion, and it focuses on leadership/civics. He thought it was really interesting, and I loved it b/c it was well run and cost me nothing. Some of the kids went on to Boys Nation.

I believe the Boys or Girls State programs are run by local offices of the American Legion, and they may vary a little by state. We didn't know much about it until our son was nominated, but they are worth looking into.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boys/G...0junior%20year.
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3