Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Need help with backpacks

DS is in 5th grade. He's using the same UA backpack he had last year, which was plenty roomy. I think it's going to be too small this year. He's having to carry home a 2" binder every day that's pretty full, plus his lunch box, plus a water bottle and that's super tight. If you organize it just right it's a tight close, but he's not that organized nor does he have the patience for it at 10. If he has to bring home any books or anything he'll be in big trouble. Any suggestions for bigger backpacks?

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We get new ones for 6th grade, but could you just put a carabiner to clip the lunchbox or water bottle on the outside?

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    DS is in 5th grade. He's using the same UA backpack he had last year, which was plenty roomy. I think it's going to be too small this year. He's having to carry home a 2" binder every day that's pretty full, plus his lunch box, plus a water bottle and that's super tight. If you organize it just right it's a tight close, but he's not that organized nor does he have the patience for it at 10. If he has to bring home any books or anything he'll be in big trouble. Any suggestions for bigger backpacks?
    I have posted several times about Adidas Prime IV (new version is V). Plenty of depth to accommodate that two inch binder plus everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    I have posted several times about Adidas Prime IV (new version is V). Plenty of depth to accommodate that two inch binder plus everything else.
    I looked for this in Dick's after Kindra posted in another thread. I had just bought DS a new UA Storm backpack. He's going into fourth grade, so I think he'll be fine with that one. But I had to hold myself back from getting the Prime V. It's super-duper roomy with lots of pockets.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Dick's has them for $48.75 right now. https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...ddsprmvbckptrv

Thanks to Kindra, I bought a black with rose gold hardware for DD2 and a black for DD1. Very roomy and spacious. I like!!!
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This looks great! Thank you! I must have missed all of your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    This looks great! Thank you! I must have missed all of your posts.
    I was so frustrated with ds jamming in that overstuffed binder for two years that I literally made a dimensions spreadsheet to compare styles across brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

ciw is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Does anyone have experience with how Adidas backpacks wear? Or experience with their warranty? I have a Prime backpack here and a Nike Vapor backpack. The Prime is significantly deeper (which would have been fabulous last year when DC was required to carry a 3-inch binder, a 2-inch binder and textbooks). This year, the requirement is only one 3-inch binder and one textbook, so I am not sure the extra depth is needed and the Nike backpack appears to be a more rugged bag. If the Adidas is a one year and done bag, I will probably go with the Nike this year and hold the Prime until next year. If the Prime can last two years without fraying or holes, the Nike bag may go back.

Going into year 2 and still looks perfect with the Prime. It was overstuffed, jammed into a too tiny locker (kid has ripped two nice down jackets jamming them into lockers) and even tinier gym locker. There’s a lifetime warranty too.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    We get new ones for 6th grade, but could you just put a carabiner to clip the lunchbox or water bottle on the outside?
    This is what we do for all 3 of mine.
    K

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast