Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think sometimes, in certain areas of DC, outside of traditional business hours, (esp.weekends) there are places that are closed, when you would normally expect them to be open. I know that I've run across this dilemma as I mostly stay in DC on weekends.
    DS 2/09

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We just spent a day in DC thanks to a missed connection to Portugal and had a really wonderful day despite no advance planning. We loved the Newseum and it's closing this year so highly recommend that as a stop. We also went to the new Spy Museum on the recommendation of friends (it required advance tickets with a time slot but we reserved just a couple of hours in advance with no issues) - it was a little gimmicky for me but the kids liked it - especially the 11 year old. We also just walked around the mall and stopped at the different memorials - mostly focused on the war memorials because our middle DS is super into military history. I can't speak to eating because we ate at the food court at the Newseum as we were short on time (it was actually decent - a Wolfgang Puck food court) and then we were back to the airport before dinner to catch our evening flight. All the kids want to go back now with more time to experience more of the museums.

Quote Originally Posted by Smillow View Post
    I think sometimes, in certain areas of DC, outside of traditional business hours, (esp.weekends) there are places that are closed, when you would normally expect them to be open. I know that I've run across this dilemma as I mostly stay in DC on weekends.
    I feel like that's in really specific areas, like the K street corridor etc (K St. is where lobbyists traditionally have offices). But even around there restaurants are available, but true some delis and lunch places aren't open. But that's such a small part of the city, and not the part most people, residents or tourists, hang out in.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2