sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Sites Not Loading?

Is anyone else having trouble getting to some sites but not others? Many sites that I try, including my kids' district web sites, won't load. Obviously the BBB is loading for me, and my own district (where I work) also loads. But many sites I try give me the dreaded "This site can't be reached" message, and I can't figure out why or what those sites might have in common.

I can get to Yahoo, but many of the photos and videos are showing up as blank or red Xes. And some sites are just loading oddly, such as in a linear mode like a Site Map page instead of a fully functional web page.

Am I the only person in the world experiencing this? I feel so lonely!
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Seriously, what is going on?!? I can't get to certain sites on any of MY devices (Chromebook, iPhone, MacBook from work), but my kids are able to get to those sites on their devices. How could an outage affect only MY devices? And on my work computer I'm logged in with my work account, so it's not a Google account issue, either. (And that wouldn't affect my iPhone.)

Help!
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Who is your internet provider? Sometimes if there has been an outage, it takes a while after the service is back up for all the connections to work. (When we were on Time Warner, we used to have periodic problems with their DNS server, but since they became Spectrum, we haven’t seen that — if all this sounds like gibberish, don’t worry...)

Since it just affects you and not your kids' devices, that does sound a little strange. Have you rebooted everything?

You may be familiar with this, but a good resource for info about what’s not working is:
    https://downdetector.com

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I'm only having one trouble and it's weird. I'm on my computer and my gmail is just spinning and unresponsive. If I open a new tab and navigate to gmail, no problem.