Default The BBB just got me in trouble!

There was a recent thread here about schools communicating with parents and how one parent had said they didn't read email, or their texts, or answer their phone, etc. And one of the posters said--ah yes, they expect you to do an interpretive dance for them at their house!

Well, we had a bike race through our neighborhood on Friday. It goes in a circle for a couple of hours and if you live inside the circle or above it, you have to cross at a certain few key points. This race has happened for at least 5 years now, there are signs up on the roads that are closed. My part of the neighborhood is really hard to get to--I have to cross the course twice and then snake up way above my house and come down to it. not that big of a deal, really. I got to watch the peloton go by twice, which is fun.

The Neighborhood Group went ballistic--there was no communication about this race and no planning and people waited for hours, blah,blah,blah. Somebody said they didn't drive the roads that were closed and they don't ready the newspaper and they don't get on the neighborhood web site. (except to complain obviously) I couldn't help myself. I said there were signs on all of the roads and what did they want--somebody to come to their house and do an interpretive dance for them? I was told I was being snotty (and some other things too) and that I must be special to be able to see those signs that they couldn't see.

Thank goodness they closed that discussion...........
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default The BBB just got me in trouble!

Ha ha... I loved that line when it was posted!! Bet people got upset because you burst their bubble of complaints

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    There was a recent thread here about schools communicating with parents and how one parent had said they didn't read email, or their texts, or answer their phone, etc. And one of the posters said--ah yes, they expect you to do an interpretive dance for them at their house!

Well, we had a bike race through our neighborhood on Friday. It goes in a circle for a couple of hours and if you live inside the circle or above it, you have to cross at a certain few key points. This race has happened for at least 5 years now, there are signs up on the roads that are closed. My part of the neighborhood is really hard to get to--I have to cross the course twice and then snake up way above my house and come down to it. not that big of a deal, really. I got to watch the peloton go by twice, which is fun.

The Neighborhood Group went ballistic--there was no communication about this race and no planning and people waited for hours, blah,blah,blah. Somebody said they didn't drive the roads that were closed and they don't ready the newspaper and they don't get on the neighborhood web site. (except to complain obviously) I couldn't help myself. I said there were signs on all of the roads and what did they want--somebody to come to their house and do an interpretive dance for them? I was told I was being snotty (and some other things too) and that I must be special to be able to see those signs that they couldn't see.

Thank goodness they closed that discussion...........
    So sorry. That was my line. I use it when discussing PTO/school communications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I'm sure the majority of people reading were nodding right along with you.

I'm on the board for a similar race and every year people get in a huff. We even HAND DELIVER letters to every resident explaining things! There are signs, website, social media and letters! There's nothing left to do minus the interpretative dance.

Oh great nfceagles—I’m blaming you
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."