Quote Originally Posted by sdjeppa View Post
Long time reader, I don’t post much, but feel I have to defend my city a bit. I live in a San Diego suburb (not in north county). Our elementary school does have all that, in fact, minus the social workers. You can’t compare LAUSD (or SDUSD for that matter) to ALL CA schools. Our school district is getting national and international attention for its technology and curriculum, and while 1/2 the schools in the district are in nice, upper middle class areas, 1/2 are not. We also have dedicated language immersion charter schools.
If you look at what I said, I said "So many things that I know have been done away with in *a lot* of California schools." I intentionally didn't paint all California schools with one brush. You can't argue that most California schools have the programs your district has. I also pointed out in a previous answer that Poway is separate from SDUSD.

I'm not trying to pick on the schools in my home state, or home town of SD, but moving from a place where all the schools are considered good to a place where you have to really take schools into account when deciding where you buy a house is a big change. If I were in OP's place, I would move back to SD!

BTW, our immersion programs aren't in charter schools, they're in regular public schools.