basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default help me pick a new lip product

You all were so helpful with the hairdryer brush

So I have thin lips and a small mouth, not a lot of lip real estate. I have pale, pink, freckled skin. I am obsessed with and will always use Fresh Sugar lip balm in "Rose" (I have 5 tubes in various places so I am never without), and I am happy with the tinge of color that it gives me, but it doesn't last long. At all. Maybe 30 minutes tops.

I'm looking for something a little sheer, but long lasting, not drying (or at least that I could just put the Sugar balm on top of). Preferably in that sort of in between pink and red rosy color.

Someone recommended Glossier Generation G, since it's sheer and matte, but I don't know about the colors.

TIA!
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Paula's Choice lip & body balm comes in a pinky red that gives just a hint of "I rubbed my lips really hard" color, but I think it maybe only around the holidays? I love it because most lip balms are drying for me and PC lip balm has been the one that works best for all of us...we have tubs everywhere
    Last edited by twowhat?; 08-19-2019 at 01:37 PM.

Jeanne is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Your best bet is to look at a K beauty lip stain that you can put down and then go over with your lip balm. Most western stains will not last as long as K beauty brands. Etude House and A'Pieu make good ones. You can find both on Amazon. I order K beauty products from YesStyle but there's a shipping minimum and it takes a while to get to me so if you're not buying various products, Amazon is the way to go. The perfect balmy stain is a never ending search.

Revlon makes a balm stain that is decent looking. It's a crayon but the staining doesn't last long. Burts Bees is another one that doesn't do anything once it wears off.

I like the Revlon Balm Stains and have several, but was just looking for new colors and noticed that this product is discontinued. You can still find some colors online.

I wonder if Benefit's Benetint would work for you?

Sent from my LML713DL using Tapatalk

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Mac lust lipglass (I think it’s their lipglass) is my fav all time lip gloss because your lips stay moisturized for awhile.

I love beautycounter glosses but they don’t stay on very long. Great moisture. Combining their lipstick plus gloss increases longevity.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My go-to neutral lipcolor is Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor in Unlimited Mulberry and it sounds like it might work for your coloring too. I usually reapply midday but it lasts longer than my tinted balms.