Default Has anyone been to Argentina with kids?

Just kind of noodling the idea for spring break. Thoughts? I speak conversational Spanish (I am comfortable traveling in Spanish speaking countries) plus DD is in immersion.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We had a great week in Buenos Aires when our kids were 2.5 and 6.5... rented a nice apartment, in the Recoleta neighborhood, through a local property manager. Flights were long but no real jet lag.

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yes. We went last Christmas - spent three nights in Buenos Aires, three nights in El Chalten and two nights in El Calafate before driving to Chilean Patagonia for another five nights. It was fantastic and the kids totally loved it. Where are you thinking of going? Argentina is so big that the different regions really vary, but we loved BA and Argentine Patagonia. We stayed in Recoleta in BA which was a very nice safe area with lots of things within walking distance. We also wandered around Palermo and that seemed like it would be fun too. My kids are a little older but my 2007 kiddo (my youngest) would be the same age as yours and he really loved everything - especially the hiking in El Chalten and the glacier national park near El Calafate. The food in BA was outstanding!