Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default It’s been forever and maybe no one cares anymore way past due update

Itbut. I think I have a good excuse. Two years ago today I had an aneurysm and almost died for awhile my husband was sending ou updates to close friends and family here was the one he sent at one year post stroke

A year ago Beth suffered a rather severe hemorrhagic stroke at the M1-M2 junction of the right middle cerebral artery due to a ruptured aneurism. After removing part of her skull to deal with swelling, they repaired the aneurism with endovascular coiling, and spent two weeks in the Neuro ICU mostly in a medically-induced coma mostly to manage vasospasms (an expected complication of a hemorrhagic stroke). After just less than three weeks in the hospital, she went to an inpatient rehab facility for just less than three weeks and was home in early October. They put her skull back together in early October. From October to April, lots of outpatient rehab – and after a summer break, more to come soon, we hope.

Today she had a follow-up cerebral angiogram, which showed that the repair of the aneurism is holding without any problems.

She continues to improve, but still doesn’t have any real use of her left arm, and can walk short distances, slowly, with a cane and can climb our stairs. Her language was unaffected, and speech mostly so (sometimes she speaks a bit fast). Personality, sense of humor, etc., were also unaffected. Parts of her vision were affected (“field cut”). Concentration, organizational skills, and a few other areas were also affected, unfortunately.

So, she’s not 100%, but she’s doing pretty well. P

s than three weeks in the hospital, she went to an inpatient rehab facility for just less than three weeks and was home in early October. They put her skull back together in early October. From October to April, lots of outpatient rehab – and after a summer break, more to come soon, we hope.

Today she had a follow-up cerebral angiogram, which showed that the repair of the aneurism is holding without any problems.

She continues to improve, but still doesn’t have any real use of her left arm, and can walk short distances, slowly, with a cane and can climb our stairs. Her language was unaffected, and speech mostly so (sometimes she speaks a bit fast). Personality, sense of humor, etc., were also unaffected. Parts of her vision were affected (“field cut”). Concentration, organizational skills, and a few other areas were also affected, unfortunately.

So, she’s not 100%, but she’s doing pretty well
    Last edited by egoldber; 08-20-2019 at 02:34 PM.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Oh my goodness! How very scary! I am glad to hear that are recovering so well. Hugs to you!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I just thought you “aged out” of the board and I missed you! How incredible scary! I’m glad that, while not perfect, things are better! Thank you for checking in!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

ged is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Thanks for updating and so glad for the good news. You are a true warrior and an inspiration.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I was just thinking about you this week because your oldest must be ready to start college soon. Get well and thanks for the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm glad to see the update and that you're recovering.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thank you for checking in. I have been wondering how you all were doing. I love your parenting wisdom. Thinking about you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

melrose7 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks for sending the update. Hope you are recovering well 2 years later

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

we definitely care, thank you for the update! How scary, so glad to hear you are recovering! Sending you P&PT!

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I was just thinking about you for some reason! Wow, I'm glad you are still here with us! What a scare.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast