newmomto1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Any nurses here do online RN to BSN???

I need to find a program quickly!
    I am looking for the cheapest and easiest route.
    My job requires that I get my BSN within 4 years. I have been a nurse for almost 30 years...
    Just need to get it done.
    Any recommendations??

Not a nurse and don’t know all the options, but I teach a gen ed class in an online RN to BSN program. If you have any questions I may be able to answer feel free to PM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

There are a tons of them! Does your employer have any tuition reimbursement? Has anyone at work done them? I would first look at non-profit/public programs. So a search for more local programs and see what comes up. Make sure that they help you get any clinical placements and it’s not up to you to find them if it’s required. 4 years is plenty of time, don’t panic and pick the right program. Also evaluate whether you want to go for a masters or DNP instead of just getting a bachelors. That’s up to what your career goals are.

WGU allows you to get as many credits as you can earn each term, so that may be fastest, it's at your own pace. DH is going through them now for his IT degree. Similar to you, he has tons of experience and several certs and is basically just going for the degree. (In his case he is going slow because he's getting paid to go through the GI bill and because he is a huge procrastinator.) It's a set amount per 6 month term regardless of how many credits you earn although part time enrollment may be less, not sure since we aren't paying for it.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

kdeunc is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The University of North Carolina system has several campuses that offer that option I believe. East Carolina University does I know. https://nursing.ecu.edu/bsn/rnbsn/
    Kelly

DS 1 12-02
    DS 2 12-04
    DD 07-08