Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Drop Off line

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I don't think you'll figure out the magic on your own. There are 4 kids! I'd call or go in and talk to someone and tell them what's happening. Shutting the door on a kid is crazy. How does that make it faster? And yelling for them to move faster? Not going to help. Maybe you're taking an extra few seconds, but there 4 kids!
    Kris

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

This has been making the rounds on FB, I have to admit, it made me chuckle...and I thought of this thread.Screenshot_20190821-200351.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

If you're doing this dropoff x 4 for the longterm, and in slippery weather, maybe consider a minivan for the next vehicle...esp. if 2 of them are only 5. Could the oldest one grab the backpacks of the littles and pass them out once they are on land and starting to walk away from the curb? I know our dropoff line gets huge and if you're not in it way early, your kid will be late for class. Mine actually get out a block away and walk via a walking path, most days.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    If you're doing this dropoff x 4 for the longterm, and in slippery weather, maybe consider a minivan for the next vehicle...esp. if 2 of them are only 5. Could the oldest one grab the backpacks of the littles and pass them out once they are on land and starting to walk away from the curb? I know our dropoff line gets huge and if you're not in it way early, your kid will be late for class. Mine actually get out a block away and walk via a walking path, most days.
    The 5 year olds aren't my kids, so I'm not adjusting my vehicle for them. I have told DH numerous times in the last few weeks, we definitely don't have a drop off line approved vehicle! We have captain chairs and a console in the second row so there's no way to put 3 in the middle row and it's really cumbersome to crawl over. It is great for carpooling, just not drop off line.

On a positive note, the truck in front of me was a bigger problem than me this morning. She stopped right in front of the door instead of pulling forward all the way, then sat there awhile, got out of her truck while messing around in the back. Her kid finally got out the other side and didn't have her backpack so the aide was trying to dig around in the vehicle to find it while the mom was on the other side still playing in the back seat! An aide did walk by us (I know her so maybe that helped), and she smiled and told the kids they were doing a good job getting out. Hopefully it'll smooth out in the next week or so, otherwise I'm going to have to ask for the ability to park and walk. Older DS is 10 and all of the stress from the other adults telling us to hurry up gives him anxiety, which I fully understand because I feel a little anxious after it's all done too. He's an anxious kid as it is and doesn't like getting yelled at, so this is just ruining his day while he's actually being really helpful which I'm proud of because he's not always the most helpful.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Your poor older DS!!!! He's doing a great job trying to make drop-off go smoothly. I have one more idea Could you push the front passenger seat allll the way up, and then push the captain's chair your older DS is sitting in forward enough to make a space behind it for the little kids to squeeze out from the 3rd row without having to flip the seat? That would probably require that the little kids keep their backpacks off until they get out though.

I think it will smooth out soon. Even getting 4 kids out of a minivan isn't going to be super fast. You are definitely NOT one of the offenders that gets flamed every morning in my town, LOL. The lady in the truck in front of you would be though...her photo with license plate would be already plastered on Facebook.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Your poor older DS!!!! He's doing a great job trying to make drop-off go smoothly. I have one more idea Could you push the front passenger seat allll the way up, and then push the captain's chair your older DS is sitting in forward enough to make a space behind it for the little kids to squeeze out from the 3rd row without having to flip the seat? That would probably require that the little kids keep their backpacks off until they get out though.

I think it will smooth out soon. Even getting 4 kids out of a minivan isn't going to be super fast. You are definitely NOT one of the offenders that gets flamed every morning in my town, LOL. The lady in the truck in front of you would be though...her photo with license plate would be already plastered on Facebook.
    Great idea! I'll try that out and see if it works. We'll do a test in the driveway first. I have a FB friend who complains about drop off on a daily basis. It's to the point where people wait daily for her rants, which sometimes are warranted and other times she's overreacting. I figure if I haven't made her rant posts yet, I'm still doing ok

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    Great idea! I'll try that out and see if it works. We'll do a test in the driveway first. I have a FB friend who complains about drop off on a daily basis. It's to the point where people wait daily for her rants, which sometimes are warranted and other times she's overreacting. I figure if I haven't made her rant posts yet, I'm still doing ok
    I have a friend that has posted a few drop off doozies. It usually involves the driver getting out of the vehicle and the back of the SUV being opened to get school supplies out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

I actually think that you all will get it straightened out as the year goes on and everyone settles into the routine, aides included. They will get to know your car and that you have 4 kids getting out. You and the kids will figure out what works the best and it will just happen. As for the aides yelling at your kids - that's not nice! But hopefully it will improve. Hang in there!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

And this is why I’m glad my kids take the bus, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
    And this is why I’m glad my kids take the bus, lol.
    Yes! Our elementary school very strongly encourages everyone to take the bus because drop off and especially pickup are a nightmare.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast