Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    How about a reptile party? I went to one with DDs and it was pretty cool. It may skew a bit younger. My kids went to a black-light party at a community room and liked it, they wore neon and did art and ran around.
    The hazards of reading too fast — I was puzzled by how black lights would work with the reptiles! (Although some of my ideas were pretty interesting...)

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I don't think 9 is too old for a themed party. DD is a teen and all her friends say she throws the best parties - she and a few of her friends all still have themes and this group of friends loves that. things that we've done/attended that have been huge successes:
    Amazing Race theme: scavenger hunts, obstacle courses,
    Mad Science: visit Steve Spangler's website for great ideas: elephant toothpaste, mentos in soda, baking soda and vinegar to make exploding bags...
    Minute to win it: loads of easy games and laughter
    Water balloon party. This is a backyard or park sort of thing and very weather dependent, but one of the best parties we've been to, ages 5-18. Loads of organized games with buckets of water balloons. The kids also get a prize for which team picks up the most balloon bits at the end.
    Survivor theme - kids decorate a banner, do scavenger hunt for clues/idols; Learn how to do a survival skill; do a couple group challenges; maybe eat some gross stuff;

Lots of great options. Pick a theme and run with it, the internet is fabulous. DD is a huge help in her party planning and always has been, so it's fun for us though.

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

At 9, my DS really, really wanted a Karate party after attending one. We had already made plans for his party (bowling - I think?) when he attended a Karate party - he was very impressed with the katana. At 10 he had gotten over it and we had a laser tag party. I would gauge it towards his interests it you go the DIY route.
    DS 2/09

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Video game truck
    Rock climbing wall
    Trampoline place
    Top Golf
    Indoor/outdoor pool
    Rent out a gym and do sports games
    Go karts
    Laser tag
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    The hazards of reading too fast — I was puzzled by how black lights would work with the reptiles! (Although some of my ideas were pretty interesting...)
    Ha! Yeah, that would have been...different.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Thanks so much, Everyone! These are amazing ideas! I'll run through them with him... right now he's thinking backyard games, bonfire, movie, and camping out.

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ourbabygirl View Post
    Thanks so much, Everyone! These are amazing ideas! I'll run through them with him... right now he's thinking backyard games, bonfire, movie, and camping out.
    That sounds like the perfect plan to me! Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2