diamond is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Recommendations for best/non toxic non stick pan?

We use cast iron a lot for eggs etc. But I would like to have a 10-12" good quality non toxic/non stick pan. Any recommendations?

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I love my Tramotina pans (8”, 10”, and 12”) that I got at Costco about 5-6 years ago. I also have a Circulon one from 2003 that I love as well. I had a set of Calphalon pans from our wedding in 2003 and I replaced the Calphalon ones that scratched (because dh didn’t use the non stick tools) with the Tramotina and have been just as happy with them. The coating hasn’t scratched and we use them a ton! Tramotina got really great ratings from Cooks Illustrated.

https://www.costco.com/Tramontina-3-...100403378.html

(I believe Wal Mart and Sam’s Club also carries the line).

They do have Teflon (according to the link) and that is probably a HUGE no no for many BBB moms, but I still love mine and use mine for eggs, rice, and other dishes where I don’t want to deal with stuff sticking to stainless or cast iron (I can’t stand burned or really browned eggs with cast iron or butter/cooking spray bits which I can’t seem to avoid when I use cast iron or stainless....I don’t use any kind of spray with my non stick pans).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 08-22-2019 at 10:48 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Duplicate
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Following. We don't use nonstick for much and only have one Green Pan that I bought years ago. It could use a replacement because it does come in handy at times.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have no recommendation because all my non-stick teflon free pans end up in the trash in a year or so. I care for them and handwash as recommended, but have just realized the non-toxic coating is not going to last like Teflon, and I'm ok with it. After our beloved bird died from Teflon fumes over 15 years ago, I just can't imagine using it in my house.

ETA: I'll backtrack on recommendation and offer that this is the set I've used for years, and just buy individual replacements as needed: https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...stick-cookware

I see more and more brands offering similar pans.
    Last edited by div_0305; 08-22-2019 at 05:15 PM.

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I used cast iron for most foods. Pampered chef has a clay line that looks interesting, but I have no experience with it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have Scanpan non stick. They are eco friendly enough for me and they work perfectly. If my husband hasn’t been able to ruin them in years, they are great . He can ruin anything (but...at least he cooks right )
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We’ve had a couple American Kitchen pans that are really nice and have held up
    Very well for many years now. Wait for a coupon/sale for sure though. https://americankitchencookware.com/

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I generally use s/s or cast iron, but I have a couple of titanium pans that I use when I need a non stick surface. Love them!
    I have one of these plus a skillet.
    SKK Titanium 2000 Deep Series 9 Non-Stick 12.5' Fry Pan
    Last edited by Globetrotter; 08-23-2019 at 03:05 AM.

We use cast iron, too, but DH bought a few of these pans and I love how lightweight they are. They are nonstick, but not always as easy to use as the Teflon stuff (but better than cast iron as lower maintenance):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1