Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    We went to his orientation today and met his teachers. In addition to the general and special education teachers there is also a full time teaching assistant who goes with them to lunch and their specials. But if the ~10 kids from his pre k who are starting kindergarten at this school this year, not a single one is in his class. He didn’t say much about it, but I am so bummed for him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can see how that would be a little disappointing but kids make friends soooo quickly at that age! It sounds like a pretty good situation!

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I can see how that would be a little disappointing but kids make friends soooo quickly at that age! It sounds like a pretty good situation!
    Thanks, I am hoping so! I know it will probably all be fine, I am just feeling a little protective mama bear this week and wanting things to be as easy as possible for him. More than anything I just want him to be happy and to like (or at least not hate) school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

DD went into K not knowing a soul and did great! And she didn't really have friends in preschool. In fact, we were glad she got in trouble for talking. (she is totally different now--talks and talks and talks but still only a few friends) DS knew 1-2 kids but he made friend easily with others. It will be fine!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Speaking as a Kinder teacher, kids make friends so quickly at this age. I wouldn’t worry about his pre k friends not being in his class.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2